Chapter 19

Thorne sauntered out of the galley and made his way to the cockpit where Cinder and Kai were supposedly arguing. When he got to the door and leaned closer to it, he was surprised to hear that they actually were arguing.

"Cinder, I just don't understand why you wouldn't tell me about the escape plan." Kai chided.

"I was afraid, okay? Thorne, Winter, and Jacin didn't know either. We didn't need the four of you to do anything, so we wanted to keep you safely hidden in case something went wrong."

It went on like that for a few minutes--the bickering and reasoning--but then it finally slowed, and Throne decided to count to thirty until her "accidentally" interrupted them.

Obviously he counted as quickly as possible and he grinned to himself when the time came to go in.

The door slid open.

There was no one there--the two chairs empty.

He was confused. This door was the only way in and out the cockpit, they couldn't have just disappeared.

Thorne shrugged and turned around, planning on heading back to the galley, but those plans were cut short due to Cinder and Kai standing in front of him with their arms crossed.

"Hey," Throne grinned, "I was just looking for you."

"We know." Cinder rolled her eyes.

"Kiss and make up already?" Thorne could tell she was dangerous, the way she stared at him made him want to crawl into a cave and not come out for a very long time. "I'll just be going then..."