Chapter 10

Jacin had been sitting in a prison cell under Luna Castle for a few days now. He hadn't eaten in what felt like days even though it had only been a few hours. His execution was sometime today, but he had no idea when because there wasn't a clock in the cell.

During his trial, he was found guilty of treason because of helping Linh Cinder, and was henceforth sentenced to death by torture. He had no clue what they planned on doing to him, but he suspected it had something to do with Winter.

He could not stop thinking about beautiful Winter--what might possibly happen to her because of his stupidity? He loved  her so much, he couldn't bare the thought of what they're do to her.

And then there's Princess Selene... He knew there was something strange about Cinder. The past thirteen years everyone has thought Princess Selene was dead. But instead she has been a cyborg under the name of Cinder. Cinder probably thought that when he said 'I serve my Princess' that he was talking about her. But Jacin guessed she found out that he was talking about Winter when he directly said her name.

His thoughts were interrupted by one of the queen's wolf hybrids knocking out the prison guards. But this wasn't just any of the wolf hybrids, this was Wolf, one of the people that has been helping Cinder.

As if on que, Cinder, along with a redheaded woman, and a blonde man and teenage girl walked in following Wolf.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jacin asked, confused as to why they would come here.

"Rescuing your ass," Cinder replied but she’s waiting for something. The lock on his cell door buzzed open, "Don't worry Jacin, Winter is with us. Levana won't be able to hurt her. When we get there, you should thank Winter for her begging us to come get you. And I don't want to tranquilize you, but I will if I have to."

Jacin was hesitant, but walked over to the door anyways, "Well are we going or not?"

Cinder gave him an annoyed look, that he ignored, then handed me a gun. "I can trust that you won't kill or harm any of us, right?"

"Why would I want to do that?" Jacin asked, "You're saving me from death, and Winter from Levana. So why in the stars would I want to hurt you?”

"Who knows...You did rat us out to Sybil..." Thorne muttered.

Cinder pauses for a second while staring into space, "He's not lying. Now let's get out of here before we get caught," She didn't answer his question, "Wolf and I will take the lead. Scarlet and Thorne, you two are going to be in the back. Jacin and Cress, you're in the middle." We nod and walk out the door, all holding a weapon except Wolf because he doesn't need one.

A few guards came but before they could even comprehend who they were, he or she was knocked out by Wolf or one of Cinder’s tranquilizers. Thorne, Cress, Scarlet, and Jacin barely had to do anything. When they reached a cave that he had never seen before, the girls--other than Cinder--Thorne, and Jacin dropped their arms and put the guns on safety.

“What is this place?” Jacin questioned.

“Some sort of dried magma chamber Levana never found,” answered Cress. They walk toward the Rampion, which was in plain view, “This place wasn’t easy to find but it’s the only place on Luna that’s close to the palace.”

They trudged into to Rampion. Jacin decided not to say much until they get into the cargo bay and sat on storage crates, “Where’s Winter?”

“In her room,” Iko said as she sits on a wheeled desk chair.

“Which room?” he persisted.

“Second room on the right,” Cress replied.

“Thanks,” Jacin bolted up and walked away. He quickly sprinted down the hall and opened the door, “Winter?”

“Jacin!” Winter screeched. She ran up to him so he hugged her. And he would never let her go again.

______________________________________________________

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING!

Thank you so much for 502 reads! It makes me so happy that people are enjoying my story! Please follow/vote/comment! I want to hear what you think and if you have any ideas/recommendations about adding/fixing the story. I'm open to almost anything to make my story better!

~Princess Selene