never hurt you | 19

warning: violence

don't kill me. I'm sowy I'm sowy I'm sowy I'm sowy I'm sowy I'm sowy I'm sowy I'm sowy

Riley•

I hear something smash early in the morning. I glance at the time to see that it's four am.

I get up and get out of my room, Eldon is up as well, making his way to the kitchen to find out what is going on.

He rounds the corner and curses under his breath, "Riley! West!" He shouts loudly

I quickly run up to him and see James frantically tearing up the kitchen, "I need- I need it. Where is it?"

"James calm down," Eldon whispers gently, making sure I'm behind him so he can protect me but I know that James would never hurt me, would he?, "Tell me what you need,"

James eyes dart around the room desperately, his shirt is drenched with sweat and I notice that his hands are shaking.

James curses loudly and smashes a vase off the table in anger, tears run down his eyes, Eldon pushes me back, "Riley get West, please!"

The glass shatters everywhere and bits of it pierces my skin, causing little cuts to bleed.

I watch in fear as James approaches Eldon. I see a fast blur as West runs up between Eldon and James, coping a blow on the face.

James just hit his best friend...

"Stop!" I cry out, "James, please stop,"

I walk up to him, knowing that he would never hurt me. I know James, he would never ever hurt me again.

James looks at me disoriented and stumbles around, raising a fist near my head.

Just at the last second, Eldon grabs me and pushes me away, "If I get hit, call the cops, okay?"

I start sobbing, James was about to hit me but he's not like that. I know it's not him that doing that.

Emily bursts into the kitchen and immediately scoops me up from the floor and takes me outside. I claw at her, trying to push her away.

"No! I need to stay with him!" I scream, struggling against her frantically, and Emily shakes her head.

"Not now, little sis. He'll be fine, I'm sure James's first priority is to keep you safe and that's what I'm doing," Emily sits me down under one of the trees and nods, "I need to go help Eldon and West, stay here, okay?"

"Emily don't leave me!" I call after her but she sprints back to the cottage.

I feel so helpless right now. I thought we were doing so feel with James. I flushed his cigarettes down the toilet and drained all his alcohol in the sink so that he would stop drinking and smoking so why is he being like this?

I hear him scream in pain inside the cottage and I cover my mouth as I sob, I want to be there with him but I know what Emily said is true. James wants me safe, he wants me to see him as he was before but right now he's so broken and I want to help him so badly.

I'm not doing anything right.

Why is it all my fault?