Chapter 35

"So Shyla?" Tony spoke, breaking the nice silence around the living room of the Avengers Tower. "It's come to my attention recently that while you're able to do magic, we've never seen you do actual magic."

"Oh my God." Natasha shook her head as Clint pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Are you serious, Stark?" Steve raised his brows at Tony. "She put a sleeping spell on Bucky and she's healed me and Barton. I'm pretty sure that counts for magic."

"Wait. A sleeping spell?" Bucky looked in my direction kind of concerned about Steve's words.

"Steve doesn't know what he's talking about." I told Bucky, and then looked to Tony. "What do you mean 'magic'? Like lottery numbers magic or pull a bunny out of a hat magic?"

"Like magic-magic."

I rolled my eyes at him and Levi just laughed.

"You think this is funny?" I raised my brows at him.

"I think this is hilarious."

"He's an idiot." I shook my head. "But since I'm interested in humoring him.... Stark? Think of a card."

"Got it." He moved to sit across from me in the recliner. "Okay, I got the card."

"Is this the card you were thinking of?" I pulled an ace of Spades out of my bra and placed it down on the coffee table.

"You read my mind! That's cheating!" Tony exclaimed. "And who knows what the hell you keep in that thing."

"I did read your mind but I don't keep a deck of cards in my bra."

"She pulled it out of thin air." Wanda waved her fingers around magically with an amused grin on her lips, making her own red wisps come out of her fingers. "She's a magician."

"Can you do that bird thing you did when we first met?" Clint asked. I smiled softly with a nod. I picked up the ace of Spades card before tossing it into the air. With a snap of my fingers, it turned into a pigeon.

"Look, Wilson. It's your cousin." Bucky spoke quietly but with a grin on his lips.

"Haha." Sam rolled his eyes at Bucky.

"That bird is gonna shi—," Before Tony could get the words out, I snapped my fingers again and the pigeon turned to a single feather.

"So things are going smooth with us, right?" Tony questioned as he stood up from the sofa and began to move towards the bar.

"Us meaning....?" Natasha questioned with raised brows.

"Us meaning the team." Tony began to pull out enough glasses for everyone. "We've got HYDRA on the down-low, Sergeant Barnes is back with Rogers, Shyla's stubborn self has come to her senses and realized that she's great with Barton, and everything with the rest of us is running smoothly—,"

"Why do I feel like what he's about to say next is going to mess up how nice things are right now?" Steve sighed out.

"Just let me talk, Cap." Tony rolled his eyes. He began to pour some kind of expensive looking champagne into the glasses and then he beckoned us over to the bar. "Gather around, friends."

"I'm going to regret coming here today." I muttered to Levi as I followed everyone to the bar.

"Don't be such a pessimist, guys!" Tony clapped his hands together suddenly, scaring half of us. "I've decided that we need a break."

"A break from what? Fighting each other every other day?" Wanda asked rhetorically.

"Everyone just hear me out." Tony handed the champagne to everyone and then placed his hands on the counter. "How does a little island off the coast of Sicily sound? Two weeks max, one week minimum. We spend our time there and we just chill."