Chapter 38

The sound of a phone ringing brought me out of my comfortable sleep. I groaned and shifted my hips to move Clint a little.

"Get that." I mumbled, rubbing my face against the soft pillows. His arm slipped out from around mine so he could reach his phone.

"It's not mine." Clint returned his arm to hold my arms against my torso and his chin snuggled into my neck.

"I can't reach mine. Get it for me."

There was a while of silence from him before he sighed heavily. Clint reached across me and retrieved my phone before handing it to me.

"Yeah?" I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

"Hello, darling." A familiar voice spoke. I sat up, causing Clint to have to let my shoulders go.

"Who is this?" I asked quietly, not wanting Clint to hear me. I had a feeling as to who the mystery caller was, but I didn't want it to be him.

"You know who, Shyla." Loki said. "How's your little vacation treating you?"

I remained silent, my eyes falling to the large windows that allowed me to look outside. The sky was a bright blue, signaling Clint and I had slept in.

"I want you to hang up and not tell any of your friends about me and I want you to meet me in London in three days."

"If I don't?" I whispered, bringing my sight down to the gray bed sheets.

"Then I can give Madame Pierre here your location."

He was working with her?

"Listen to the man, Shyla." Pierre spoke from somewhere in the background. He voice was laced with anger. Loki must've done something. "You wouldn't want your boyfriend killed because you chose saving yourself over—,"

I hung up immediately and tossed my phone on to night stand, but it bounced off and fell into the floor.

"Who was that?" Clint mumbled sleepily into the pillows.

"Wrong number." I replied softly, watching him as he returned to his sleeping state. Embed mewled loudly and watched me, but I rubbed her head to try to get her to go back to sleep. It was like she could tell I was lying to Clint.

I had three days. What did they want? Probably nothing good.

•*•*•

"Whoever is staring at me, stop it." I mumbled as I tried to remain focused on my breathing.

"What are you even doing?" Tony asked.

"Meditating."

Everyone was currently sitting out at the pool, doing something not very productive. But that was okay because we were still in vacation mode. Something suddenly hit me in the side of the head and I opened my eyes to see Natasha trying not to life while pretty much everyone else laughed.

"It was Brucey." Tony pointed to Bruce, who held his hands up innocently.

"Okay then." I used my telekinesis and scooped up a bunch of water from the pool before throwing it at Tony.

"Shyla! Damn it!" He cursed, then pulled the pillow out from behind him and threw it at me. I caught it with my telekinesis and threw it towards him, but he ducked and it hit Thor instead. The poor guy was asleep through the whole thing, so he was startled awake by the action.

"What in the name of....?" He crinkled his brows, looking around at everyone.

"Throw it at Clint, Thor." I suggested. "It's a game."