| five : please don't go |

(a song that would be really good to listen to while reading this chapter would be please don't go by joel adams)

"Jeff! Stop!" I yelled putting my hands on my head because I knew I couldn't get in the middle of this or I would get hurt

Jeff kept punching Montgomery and finally Montgomery started fighting back. Why the hell was Jeff so mad? I needed someone to stop this fight because they both had bloody noses and busted lips now. A crowd started to gather around and I rolled my eyes.

Clay and Zach came running pulling the two boys away from each other. Zach pushed Montgomery away from Jeff as Montgomery wiped his bloody lip off. Clay was holding Jeff back. Jeff was still mad and could break out of Clay's grip any second but he didn't.

I looked at Jeff. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I shook my head and ran out of the party. I really didn't want to be here anymore since I only came for Jeff. I threw my cup on the ground carelessly and walked to Clay knowing he wasn't drunk. "Can you drive me home since I'm drunk? You can take my car and bring your bike and then ride your bike home." I said crossing my arms.

"Yeah, let me go grab my bike from the back." He said. I nodded. I waited for him in that same spot and saw Jeff running towards me. "Jeff. Leave me alone!" I said. I didn't want to talk to him right now. "Please just listen to me." He begged. "Why? Why did you do it?" I asked looking at him.

"He was disrespecting you! For gods sake you were drunk. He was taking advantage of you." Jeff looked down. "You don't deserve that." He told me looking up hoping I would forgive him. I could see it in his eyes.

"I knew what was going on Jeff. I let him do that to me." I mumbled looking down. "I just don't see why you let him do that." Jeff spoke softly before he turned around and walked away.

I got in the car with clay. "Are you okay?" Clay asked since I wasn't talking. I nodded and handed him my keys.

Who knew that a friendship that just started could end so quickly and badly?

---

I looked at my phone as I brushed my teeth getting ready for bed. I had previously thrown up the fluids in my stomach due to drinking so much. I forgot that getting drunk could have bad consequences.

I saw many text messages and I rolled my eyes seeing the name pop up on the messages.

NEW MESSAGES FROM UNKNOWN:

unknown: Brooke, it's Jeff I got your number from Clay. Please forgive me.

unknown: it was stupid of me to ruin your fun. i was drunk and pissed off at other things.

unknown: please. we just started to become friends and now you're treating me like a complete stranger.

unknown: fine. I'll see you at school on Monday. goodnight. sweet dreams.

I changed his contact name to just, "Jeff". I set my phone down and decided to at least try and get some sleep. I knew that I was probably over reacting but Jeff got mad over something so small and I hated violence but he still fought Montgomery.

As Monday came around I had no idea that I would need Jeff more than ever that day.

--------

did you guys like this chapter?