3

Kiba being the competitive person he is challenged me to see who could get home first. I agreed only to watch him run off and continued walking home. I yawned and did a small stretch. I looked ahead to see I've fallen quite a ways behind mother and sister. I sighed and continued my slow pace walking home.

Yori jumped out of my pouch and walked beside me. We slowly walked and fell even further behind everyone, I pulled out a book from my favourite series and read while walking home. As I was walking I saw a rope hold laundry. A small smile came to my face as I remembered my training.

I snapped out of my daze when I heard my mum shouting at me to hurry up. I sped up and Yori and I were just behind my mum.

Once we got home I went straight to my room. I laid on my side and curled up a little. Yori jumped up and came to my arms. I grabbed her and brought her to my chest. I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep. However the words people say to me and and about me whizzed through my head. Tears came to my eyes I sobbed, I tried to be quiet I was already weak I didn't want to be viewed any weaker.

The hateful words kept replaying in my head and more tears spilled from my eyes. I opened my eyes when I felt Yori lick away some of my tears. A small smile spread across my face as I patted Yori and my tears slowed. I heard footsteps coming to my door and I vigorously wiped my eyes and forced myself to stop crying just in time for Kiba to open my door.

"You okay kiko?" Kiba asked with concern.

I simply nodded but he looked unconvinced. He came up to me an sat next to me on my bed and pulled me into a hug. I tensed but soon relaxed and snuggled into my brothers chest and the tears began to flow again. Kiba held me closer to him and he rubbed my back. I started to calm down a bit.

"What's got you so upset?" Kiba asked peering at my face.

"Nothing, don't concern yourself with it big brother. It really is pathetic." I mumbled.

"Yea sure. Seriously what's up. You don't cry for nothing. The last time you cried was like 5 years ago when you found a dog bleeding to death. You were hysterically balling your eyes out. It made me cry when you brought the dog home and sister managed to patch the dog up. And look at you two now." He said looking down at Yori. "So what's up?"

I looked down at Yori remembering when I first found her. Then I looked up at Kiba a sighed in defeat when I saw his serious face.

"I just feel useless and everyone hates me. They say things to me and about me and each time I hear what they say I believe it a little more." I said getting quieter as I went on.

He hugged me tighter and I began to shake.

"What do they say?" He asked.

I looked down trying to stall telling him. But knowing Kiba he wouldn't let this go until I told him.

"They call me pathetic, useless, weird, annoying, a bitch, a whore. And they say I should go die." I choked out and tears began to spill again.

I felt kiba's grip get stronger and heard him growl. I looked up at his face to see it contorted with rage.

"Don't listen to them. Their just jealous of you. And don't you worry your big brother will protect you." Kiba declared.

I gave a small smile and ended up falling asleep in my brothers arms.