32

I was walking through the village as I went head first into someone. I looked up to see Gaara and I tilted my head at him as he glared at me. Yori then jumped onto his head.

"Are you ok?" I asked walking up to Gaara.

I reached my hand to his face and he slapped it away. I was taken aback but quickly smiled.

"Why do you smile at me? You surly heard of what I did. You must think I'm a monster." Gaara said.

"You're not a monster. I don't know how to explain it but the real you is a lonely boy who just wishes to be accepted and loved. However something else has some control over you. Something within you however I said it before and I'll say it again. I'll will never hate or judge you." I said.

I then walked away with Yori following behind me. I walked away and began to go to an ice cream shop. But once again I bumped into someone.

"Kami I'm such an airhead I'm so sorry." I said.

I looked up and froze when I saw Kankuro. A huge blush came to my face and I looked down to hide it.

"You're really are annoying kid." Kankuro sighed.

Pain shot through my chest and my eyes slightly widened. He was like everyone else hating and judging me. He probably wanted me to die to. My fist slightly clenched as i walked past Kankuro with slight tears in my eyes. As I was walking I felt my wrist being grabbed and I spun around to see Kankuro grabbing my wrist. I ripped my arm away and began running.

As I was running tears spilled from my eyes. As I was running I saw Ino and Sakura and I ran into their arms shocking them. THey held me and looked at me worried.

"What's wrong?" They asked.

"I don't know why I like him. He just like everyone else." I said quietly crying.

~~~~Kankuro's pov~~~~

I stood there shocked as the girl ran away. She was crying, but why? I followed her to see her in her friends arms crying. I felt my chest tightened with guilt. Did I make her sad? I watched as once she calmed down her friends left so I walked up behind her.

"Hey kid." I said.

She looked up at me slightly shocked and then looked down sadly.

"Sorry for what I said I don't actually think you're annoying." I said.

She looked up at me with a small smile that was forced.

"It's fine. But I must be going now." She said walking away.

Maybe it's best that she hates me. That's for he best. She deserves someone who will make her happy and isn't planing on betraying her home. I just wish we could have met another time. I just hope I can get over her. Plus there's no way she would like me. But I will still protect her as much as I can.

~~~~kiko's pov~~~~

After I left Kankuro I walked looking up at the sky. I could hear the sincerity it his voice but I don't wanna get anymore attached to him than I have because I'm just setting myself up to be hurt. But maybe there's a chance he feels the same way I do.