38

I stood in an apple tree with Yori next to me observing the family of four. It was isamu, Ryuu, Ruri and the mother who I later learned her name was Mi. The young boy walked up to the tree that Yori and I were in and reached for an apple I was next to. Of course the boy had no chance of getting it because he was two so I picked it and threw it to the ground next to him.

The boy laughed in joy and picked up the apple which he had to hold in two hands and went stumbling to his parents. He showed his parents the apple and pointed to the tree yelling tree. Isamu looked to the tree and his eyes narrowed.

"I don't know who you are but I suggest you come out." He said with authority.

I jumped out of the tree and walked up to the family with a smile with Yori running ahead to Ruri who she watched intently.  They looked at me shocked. Ryuu walked up to me and hugged my leg then raised his arms demanding to be picked up so I did.

"Ki!" He said happily.

"Oh Kiko. It's s pleasure to see you again. Would you like to join us?" Isamu asked.

I nodded I sat with them and Ryuu decided to sit in my lap and play with my hair. He smiled and giggled and he continued to play with my hair.

"You pretty." He said happily.

"Why thank you Ryuu." I said with a smile.

"You'll be a great mother." Mi said making me blush.

"Thank you." I mumbled.

I heard snickering and I looked behind me to see Kankuro making me blush more.

"W-What are you d-doing here?" I asked.

He shrugged and sat next to me getting looks from everyone else making me realise I should probably introduce him.

"This is Kankuro and Kankuro they are Isamu, Mi, Ryuu and Ruri." I said pointing to the said people.

"Nice to meet you." Mi said.

"What's your relationship with Kiko?" Isamu asked suspicions.

"She's my girlfriend." Kankuro said simply and wrapping his arm around my waist making me blush.

"Well listen her boy. If you hurt Kiko I will have your head on a stick." Isamu said in a threatening tone.

"I wouldn't dream of hurting Kiko." Kankuro said with confidence.

"Really. What if you were told to kill her and if you didn't you would die?" Isamu asked.

"I would die." Kankuro said without hesitation.

I looked up at Kankuro shocked and saw a determined look in his face as he held me tighter and the tension in the air got heavier.

"Besides I would be dead if I hurt her. My brother would kill me." He said lightning the mood.

"Very well. But if you dare hurt her I will kill you. I see Kiko as a member of my family." Isamu said.

I smiled then Ryuu got out of my lap and looked at Kankuro intently. He brought his hand to Kankuro's face making his go ridged and Ryuu took some makeup off Kankuro's face and smeared in on his own making me laugh.