34

We stood outside and the puppies sat in front of us. I was taking them through basic training with the help of my teammates and the two boys seemed to enjoy it. Someone from the Inuzuka clan walked up to me to talk to me. So I took my eyes off the puppies for a second only for one to run away. I freaked and made the person I was talking to watch the puppies while my team and I ran after the runaway.

We had to split up to find the puppy. I was running g through people and after the people began to thin I finally spotted the pup. I ran faster and finally caught the puppy but tripped over my own feet and began stumbling backwards. But before I hit the ground two arms wrapped around me and I felt safe. I looked at the person to see Kankuro.

"I-I'm sorry." I apologised.

"It's fine. Why were you in such a rush?" Kankuro asked.

"I was t-training puppies and this one r-ran away. I had t-to get him back." I said.

He nodded and i blushed as I noticed he was still holding me. Now would be the perfect time to tell him how I feel.

"H-hey Kankuro." I said my blush getting worse.

"Yea." He said looking me in the eyes.

"I l-" I was cut off buy my two teammates yelling at me.

I jumped out of Kankuro's arms and stood in front of them with a smile.

"You found him that's good." Tamotsu said and I just nodded with a smile.

"What where you saying?" Kankuro asked.

"Oh nothing. Don't worry about it. Thanks for the help." I said walking away.

It's probably a good thing I didn't say it. I would have just been rejected. I looked down at Yori and she gave me a sad look that I returned with a forced smile.

~~~~Kankuro's pov~~~~

I watched kiko's retreating figure and shook my head before heading in the opposite direction. What was i thinking she might say she loved me. I really am an idiot. I need to get her out of my head and focus on the mission. I got back to the place we were staying and as soon as I walked in Temari looked at me suspiciously.

"You seem different. So who do you have a crush on?" Temari said crossing her arms.

"No one." I lied.

"I'm not an idiot. It's that Kiko girl isn't it."

"No." 

"Kankuro you can't control what your heart does. But don't forget our mission. Don't let this girl get in the way."

"I won't. She means nothing to me." 

"Stop denying it brother. It obvious that you like her."

I walked up to my room but stopped in my tracks when I saw Gaara. He looked at me with his emotionless eyes then walked away from me and I swore I heard him mumble you better not hurt her. But he couldn't have but maybe he did, he seems to be friendly with Kiko.  Who knows he might actually care for her.