16

It was after dinner and I was sitting on a bed with Yori on my lap in the room I would be staying it with Temari.I stroked the sleeping Yori and I thought about what sensei told us.

So basically the hokage requested that we stay in the sand to train until we head back to the leaf for the chunin exam. Which my team would be participating in if we wanted. We would be staying with the three sand siblings but we haven't met the third. Sensei was going to train us but I decided to train on my own not wanting to drag my two teammates down. I didn't even know if I wanted to participate in the chunin exam. Knowing me I would only be a burden. I sighed and fell back on my bed.

Why would the hokage think it was a good idea to have me do the chunin exam. I'm the weakest in the group and known as the weakest in my clan. This is stupid I can't do the chunin exam. But I want to do it with my team, guess I have to train my butt off while I'm in the sand so I won't be a burden. I closed my eyes and let myself fall asleep.

My eyes slowly opened and I looked out the window to see the sun beginning to rise. I looked to my stomach to see Yori asleep there. I carefully picked her up and placed her beside me careful not to wake her up. I sat up and looked to the other bed in the room to see Temari still asleep. I stood up and grabbed my usual outfit and went into the bathroom and took a quick shower.

I walked out of the bathroom now dressed and quickly wrote a note saying I was going out to get ingredients for Yori's food and not to worry. I picked up Yori and put her in my front pocket and she somehow still stayed sleep. I opened a window and jumped onto the roof and sat down.

"Now I just have to make a recipe for Yori's dog food. But I don't know what they have here in the sand. Plus I don't know where anything is." I mumble to myself.

I heard someone moving and my head snapped to the person to see a boy. He had red hair that looked really soft, and deep seafome eyes that held loneliness. I tilted my head in curiosity. He seemed so sad. Why? After a minute of looking at him I realised I should probably introduce myself.

"Um h-hi my n-name is K-Kiko." I stuttered out.

I really need to get a handle of my stuttering.

"Gaara." He spoke and got up to leave.

"Um, w-wait p-please." I said quietly. He turned and looked at me. "Um, I-I was w-wondering I-if you could h-help me." I said shyly.

He just looked at me for a second.

"Aren't you scared of me?" He asked.

I tilted my head confused. Yes he did have the strong smell of blood on him but I don't know why it's there. And he's done nothing to me to make me fear him.

"Of course not." I spoke clearly.

I saw his eyes slightly widened then he turned away.

"What do you need help with?" He asked.

"Well, y-you see I need to m-make food for my d-dog Yori. B-but I don't k-know where any shops are or what t-there is in the sand." I explained stuttering a bit.

He jumped down and I jumped beside him and he began to walk. I followed him and observed as people moved away from him in fear. Or glared at him with hate. I looked at him and saw his face. It's like he has a permit scroll on his face. I quietly sighed to myself. Why are people so judgemental. I'm sure the reason he has such lonely eyes is because of the way people treat him.

We picked up multiple ingredients and began to walk back to the house. Through this trip I easily heard the whispers of the people around us. I looked up at Gaara and he immediately looked at me. I gave him a warm smile and he stiffened a bit.

"Do you have all you need?" He asked coldly.

"Yes, thank you for your help." I said without stuttering. I felt comfortable around him even though I could tell he had blood lust, but it didn't seem to be his. It felt like something else has some control over  him.

I shook those thoughts out of my head and we soon made it in front of the house and this is when Yori woke up. When she woke up she looked up at Gaara with curiosity.

"I wanna lay on his hair. It's a pretty colour and looks soft." She spoke out of the blue.

I covered my mouth with my hand to hold back a laugh.

"Yori you can't jump on his head." I spoke.

Yori just pouted. I let a slight laugh out from her antics. Gaara opened the door and I walked in first. When we entered the kitchen everyone was there sitting eating breakfast. But when Gaara walked in the they all got nervous. Gaara simply sat down and ignored everyone.

"Hey how was shopping Kiko?" Tamotsu said.

"Good, I've got all I need to make Yori food. It would have taken me ages if Gaara didn't help." I spoke smiling. "M-may I use your k-kitchen?" I asked Temari.

"Yea, sure go ahead." She answered.

I walked to the kitchen and began making Yori's food. Yori jumped out of my pocket and ran to the others. My eyes slightly widened when she jumped onto Gaara's head. She made herself comfortable.

"His hair is soooooo soft." She spoke in bliss.

"Yori, get off his head." I spoke to her.

"I don't wanna his hair is soft."

"I don't care if his hair is soft. I'm sure he doesn't want you on his head."

"Hey Kiko you should date this guy. So I can sleep in his hair."

A huge blush came to my face.

"Yori down now." I spoke with slight authority.

She pouted and jumped off his head but sat next to him.

"I-I'm so s-sorry about her." I apologise to Gaara.

He said nothing. I went back to making the food deciding to ignore al the shocked faces.