28

To say my wound has got worse is an understatement. I'm pretty sure it's now infected and it still hasn't closed up properly. Tamotsu says it's nothing to worry about but I see the look on his face when he comes to change my bandages. Plus I feel like I'm dying and I can barely move. I knew this stage was going to end soon and I hoped more than anything they gave us a break before another stage of the exam because I will not be able to do it if it's to close.

There were no medics here the only reason my wound hasn't killed me yet is because Tamotsu it studying to become a medic. I slowly stroked Yori who was laying beside me worried that I would have to drop out of the chunin exam. My door opened to reveal my brother as my team.

"We have to go now." Tamotsu said walking up to me.

I nodded and sat up and Kouki helped me walk out of the room. I really wanted to walk in my own but I knew I couldn't. We walked to an arena type area and then my heart fell as a preliminary round was announced and to be held immediately. The rules were explained and we were given a chance to leave. I looked down at my wound to see blood seeping through my cloths and I felt faint. So knowing that I had no chance I reluctantly raised my hand and left the arena area with Yori in my front pocket.

I began to slowly an painfully walk to the hospital knowing that was the smart thing to do but after a little while I collapsed to the ground.

then I felt two pairs of arms pick me up. I looked at the two people to see Tamotsu and Kouki than I looked behind me to see our sensei. I had an utterly confused look on my face. What were they doing here they should be doing the chunin exam.

"These two dropped out so they could make sure you were ok. And I had no reason to stay so I came along." Taiki sensei explained.

"You two are idols." I mumbled before fainting.

I was bound by chains and words like Weakling, unwanted, pathetic, useless, waste of space were screamed into my ears as I clutched my head trying to block them out. Many black figures surrounded my screaming and yelling hateful comments at me. The harder I tried to bock them out the louder they got and the more I believed them and the more chains bound me.

Then images of my friends and family popped into my head and new determination filled me. I rose to my feet and looked at all the dark figures with no more fear in my eyes. I took a deep breath and broke the chains that wrapped around me.

"I'M NOT ANYTHING YOU SAY I AM. I'M STRONG AND NOTHING YOU SAY WILL CHANGE THAT. KEEP TRYING TO DRAG ME DOWN BUT LET IT BE KNOW I WILL NO LONGER BELIEVE YOUR LIES!" I yelled on the top of my lungs.

A wave a peace filled me and all the dark figures disappeared and a smile came to my as I peacefully closed my eyes.

My eyes opened and I was in a hospital room. I looked around and saw some flowers, cards, stuffed toys and balloons around my room. Then the door to the room opened.