17

I waved to my team as the left and Kankuro and Temari left leaving me alone with Gaara and Yori. I put the now cooked food on the ground and she happily ate it. I sat down next to Gaara and watched Yori. When she finished eating she jumped on Gaara's head. I gave a soft sigh and looked at Gaara apologetically.

"I'm so sorry about her." I apologised to him.

"It's fine." He mumbled. "Why didn't you go train with your team?" He asked.

"Um, well... I don't wanna drag them down with my weakness so I decided I would train on my own." I said looking down sadly.

I felt Yori jump on my lap and lick my face. I slightly laughed and patted her.

"Guess we should go train." I spoke to Yori and she nodded.

I stood up but was stopped by Gaara's voice.

"Do you even know where the training grounds are here?" He asked.

I froze and slowly turned to him with an awkward smile.

"No." I said.

He sighed and stood up. He motioned for me to follow so I did. He lead me to a clear sandy area with rocks around. As I looked around I thought it was perfect.

"Thank you Gaara." I said smiling at him.

"You can find you way back right?" He asked and I nodded. "Good because I have stuff I've got to do." He said walking away.

Once he was gone I walked into the middle of the training grounds. I put gloves and pulled out thin wire and prepared to begin training. At some point I would be doing it without gloves but I wanted to get use to balancing on wire first.

I was done training and was leaning against one of the large rocks completely out of breath and exhausted. Yori was on my lap and looked up at me with worried eyes.

"You're going to hurt yourself really badly on of these days if you keep pushing yourself to hard like you do." She said worried.

I simply sighed knowing she was right. I closed my eyes for a minute before trying to get up only to fall down. I clenched my fist angry with myself. Why was I so weak? I tilted my head back and looked up at the now dark sky. I became lost in thought and didn't notice someone walk up to me until they spoke.

"Shouldn't you be back at the house?" A male asked.

My head snapped to the voice to see Kankuro. I looked away from him a slight blush on my face. How was I going to tell him I couldn't move because I trained to hard? I looked at him from the corner of my eye to see him looking around then he looked back at me.

"Have you been training here for the whole day?" He asked.

I gave him small nodded and pouted.

"I'm guessing you over worked yourself." He said.

I pretended not to hear him and he just sighed. I felt him put his arm around my back and I looked him dead in the eyes. The then slipped his arm under my legs and picked me up bridal style, and Yori somehow stayed on my lap. A huge blush came to my face.

"W-what a-are y-you d-doing?" I stuttered.

I'm such a mess.

"Taking you back to the house. Be quiet or I'll drop you." He stated.

I looked away from him and kept my mouth shut. We got to the front of the house and my eyes went wide.

"W-wait." I said.

He just looked down at me.

"C-can you p-put me down. I-I don't w-want to l-look e-even w-weaker." I stuttered out.

I heard him sigh and he walked away from the front door and jumped through a window and placed me on my bed.

"Happy?" He said slightly annoyed.

"Y-yea. T-thank y-you." I said looking down.

He jumped out of the widow and I watched him go to the front of the house. I guess he was nicer than he seemed.