Chapter 64

I spotted the first aid kit in Malcolm's penthouse, and so I passed it to Oliver as quickly as I could. Once it was in his possession, Oliver started to create DIY transfusion equipment, using different parts of the first aid kit for different purposes. The three of us were knelt around Malcolm, I tensely watching on as Oliver did what he could, Tommy looking like he was in a trance of shock and a frown permanently on his face.

'Hey, ready?' Oliver checked as Tommy exposed his wrist for Oliver to inject with a needle.

'Do it,' Tommy uttered just loud enough for us both go hear, covering up any resentment he had.

The needle pierced into Tommy's skin, the sharp pain causing him to wince ever-so-slightly. Oliver connected a tube to this needle, which then followed to Malcolm's arm, where Oliver pierced a needle into Malcolm's wrist too. Oliver's plan was definitely ingenious, to say the least.

'Hold his arm,' Oliver instructed Tommy as we all watched as the blood flowed from Tommy's wrist to Malcolm's.

'Come on,' Oliver repeated under his breath until the tube was completely filled with a bright shade of red, the three of us sighing with relief as blood started to enter Malcolm's wrist.

'You're the vigilante,' Tommy stated the obvious, still apparently in shock. 'Why?'

'Later,' Oliver just answered quickly, having no time to talk about his alter-ego while he was saving Malcolm's life. 'He's still gonna need medical attention to fully clean out his system, you understand?'

'Okay,' Tommy whispered, nodding his head as he realised his father was his main priority. 'Thank you.'

As Oliver nodded back at Tommy, Malcolm's fingers on his right hand intertwined with Tommy's. Malcolm was alive.

'Tommy?' Malcolm gasped as he saw his son by his side, Oliver already away from sight.

'I'm right here, Dad,' Tommy smiled with care.

'Aria?' Malcolm turned to me, panting as he grew more and more alert.

'It's all going to be alright, Malcolm,' I joined in with the smiling, all of us happy and together once again.

---

It didn't take long for the paramedics to find us, Malcolm being carried out on a stretcher through his building to the ambulance waiting for him outside. They were insistent on checking if Tommy and I were in peak condition, but we both insisted we were fine.

'What did The Hood say to you?' McKenna quizzed Tommy and I as we helped drag the stretcher Malcolm was on to the ambulance.

'He didn't say anything,' Tommy contradicted the Detective.

'You let a homicidal maniac talk you into a homemade blood transfusion instead of calling the paramedics?' McKenna argued.

'My father's life was at stake,' Tommy pointed out at once.

'We had no other choice, McKenna,' I added firmly. 'Malcolm was going to die if we didn't let The Hood help us.'

'So, first the Hood rescues you and Queen from those kidnappers,' Lance piped up accusationally at Tommy, harking back to the first ever thing Oliver did as The Hood; when he first got to Starling City, Oliver and Tommy were kidnapped, and Oliver acted as The Hood to break them free. 'Now he saves your old man, but he's taken down every other one-percenter out there. Is this guy a friend of yours, Merlyn?'