Chapter 75

So, I was back to being single. How fun.

Felicity also found it fun, as she wasn't the only single lady in Team Arrow anymore.

'You know what we should do?' Felicity asked me rhetorically as we both sat in the Arrowcave, keeping each other company. 'We should have a real girls' night, like, a girls' night out, not one where we just get stuck down here to save the boys' asses.'

'That is a good idea,' I smiled, nodding lightly. 'I hear that the Big Belly Burger is especially good for cocktails.'

'No, seriously,' Felicity rolled her eyes at me playfully. 'We could go to a club?'

'What, to Verdant?' I scoffed. 'I thought we actually wanted to go out, not stay in this building.'

'Starling City does have other clubs than this one,' Felicity pointed out sarcastically. 'But, if not, I am down for having a night in - we can watch my all-time favourite Meryl Streep film, The Devil Wears Prada, and...'

Felicity trailed off as she spotted Oliver enter, recognising the angst between the two of us instantaneously.

'Hey,' Oliver greeted us shortly but maintaining eye contact with just Felicity. 'Has Dig said anything yet?'

'No, he's decided to ignore me ever since you pissed him off,' Felicity interjected.

Diggle had left the team after Oliver had betrayed him by not showing at the Deadshot trap that A.R.G.U.S. had set for the assassin. I wished Diggle had stayed just so it wasn't so awkward between Oliver and me, but it also felt empty without a part of our team with us.

'Have you got any news on Walter yet?' Oliver asked Felicity after a prolonged moment of quiet.

'Nope,' Felicity said, slightly disheartened. 'If I had, I would tell you.'

The conversation was so stilted, the mood in the room tolerable at best. After everything that had happened between me and Oliver, it didn't feel the same in his company, and I couldn't stand to spend one more second around him any longer.

'I'll be back,' I lied as I stood up and walked across to the exit. 'I just need to take care of something.'

The second bit was true; I did need to organise my life. There were so many things on my mind, and I had to declutter it. One of the things that had particularly been occupying my thoughts was when Elliot had paid me a visit, his words sticking in my brain.

But what was Unidac Industries creating? And why had Elliot described it as something terrible? I knew I had to find out before it was too late, but when was it too late? I decided to go home to use my laptop to research anything about the company and what Dr Markov was doing there, but, surprise surprise, I found nothing. Unidac's website was all just for show, telling the world nothing about what they really did there. Somehow, I had to access the information from its source.

I needed to go to Unidac Industries myself.

---

'Why I agreed to this, I don't know,' Elliot commented from underneath a black mask as he walked with me through the dark streets of the city on the way to our destination. 'Did you really need backup?'

'You're the one who knows more than I do,' I reminded him. 'I haven't a clue who Dr Markov is, but you seemed to. And you seemed to think something awful was going to happen if we didn't do something first.'