The Plan-s

For once Farley was quiet, usually she comes up with some idea right off the bat. "Farley? Do you have a plan?" I said. "Oh I do, your just not going to like it." she replied.

Mare's POV
     There were dressing me in the silks and jewels I thought I left behind. I looked out the window, just a little rectangle in the top of the wall since we were in the servants room. I saw snow falling down. "Oh," I thought "why did I come back."
          Farley said the plan was simple and it'll be easy. Not for me of course, I'm bait. It took her a few days after I told her what happened in the meeting to get everything straight. There was a masquerade ball tomorrow night celebration Maven's engagement. If all went according to plan it will not be much of a celebration.
      "All these silvers just hold meeting after meeting trying to decide what to do, but they don't want to admit that they're just stupid and can't do anything," Farley started talking her head off from the minute she entered the room to go over the new plan. I fidgeted with a piece of my dress. It's red of course. Farley went over the plan one more time as if I haven't already heard it. She placed a hand on my shoulder and said, "The party starts at 8 tonight. Be on time and remember everything that I told you. Don't run until I give you the signal," "I know," I said getting up. She left the room and changed back into my servants clothes leaving the dress for later.
I was walking back to the kitchen when I heard a familiar voice. "Tonight's the night Maven," Queen Elara's voice hasn't changed, it's as annoying and cruel as ever. They were in the nook of the stairways to the kitchen. I ducked behind a box of tomatoes so I could listen in. "Tonight I'll be the new king," said Maven. I had to cover my mouth from my gasp so I wouldn't be caught. "What is going on?" As I listened in I found out the Scarlet Guard isn't the only ones with a plan tonight.
They were planning on killing the king tonight. Well they were going to make Cal kill him. How I missed so much when I was here. I thought Maven was the innocent shadow of the flame, the prince that wanted change. But he really was the son of a snake. I had to do something, something soon, something fast, something tonight.