~Chapter 22~

***

I rested my hand on Ethan's shoulder but he didn't even give me one glance. He sat there staring straight ahead, he was shaking. A few tears ran down his face now and then.

"It's ok buddy..." Cameron pulled Ethan into her arms.

"Julie is a strong girl. She's gonna fight to her hearts content, I know it." Cameron rubbed his back.

My mom was on the phone with my dad. He had to leave because of work. But he called constantly to check on Julie and Ethan.

When my mom got off the phone with my dad she gave Ethan a sympathetic look and hugged him. She rubbed his back gently as he cried into her arm.

"Ok, I have news on Julie." the doctor stated, walking over with his clipboard.

We all looked up and waited impatiently. I saw Ethan shaking his leg up and down.

"She went into cardiac arrest. Fortunately her heart rate has been stabilized. But if she doesn't wake up tomorrow we will have to take her off life support..." the doctor stated with a sorrowful tone.

"How can you not know if she's gonna wake up yet?!" Ethan shouted.

This time we didn't tell him to be kind. He was hurting. It's understandable to feel that way.

"We're sorry sir, her condition is hard to read. It only depends on if her body can keep up with her health..."

***

It is now 2 am and I've been sitting in the chair next to Julie's bed for hours, just watching. I didn't want to waste a second not looking at her.

Everyone had already left. Alexis even had to go back to Colorado. I lyed my head next to Julie's and stared at her lovingly, still gripping onto her hand.

My eyes began to become heavy and I fell asleep. I woke up to bright sunshine and my neck aching but closed my eyes just wanting to be next to Julie.

I closed my eyes again and managed to fall asleep.

I was waking up a bit again when I felt a pair of fingers curl around my hand. My gaze shot up. Though my neck and back hurt so bad, I lifted my head in a matter of seconds.

Julie was slightly sitting up in her bed, observing her surroundings. She looked confused and sad.

Am I dreaming?  I pinched myself. No, I'm not dreaming.

A huge smile cracked on my face and I squeezed Julie's hand and her gaze shot towards me. Her face perked up when she saw me and she smiled.

"Ethan?" she choked out.

"Yes, baby, it's me." I smiled at her and pulled her into a hug.

I felt her wince at my touch but she didn't say anything. I knew she was trying to seem strong, but she was weak.

"I'm not dreaming?" she asked.

"No, baby. You're not dreaming." I smiled at her. "You're awake."

I was smiling more than I ever have before. I held her in my arms, rocking back and forth. Pulling away from the hug,  I took her face in mine and kissed her on the lips. Man how I missed the feeling if her lips against mine.

I saw a tear drip from her eye so I wiped it away with my thumb. A tear dripped from my eye and she did the same thing.

"So you don't hate me anymore?" she asked and it broke my heart.

"No, of course not. I was an idiot and I was hurt, I could never hate you. You're the love of my life." I said brushing the hair out of her face.

She smiled and I kissed her on the lips. After a while of sitting there and rocking back and forth she knuzzled her head into the crook of my neck.