Chapter 8: Echo Flowers

I watch as Charity walks down to the end of where the echo flower were. She whispered some thing to each one and now it's timw for me to listen to what they have to say.

I walk to the first echo flower and listen to it speaking in Charity's voice.

"Sans... you won't believe me if I tell you who I like."

I walk to the next one and listen.

"I am going to be blushing by the end of this I know."

Why would she be blushing? I walk to the next one. There are ten flowers in total. I've gotten 2/10.

"You see, there's this skeleton I like."

I try not to assume the worst but I already know she's going to say she likes Papyrus.

3/10

"He's kind to all of his friends."

4/10

"He would anything for them, especially his brother."

Yep, it's definitely Papyrus.

5/10

"He fights for them and he is very emotional."

Now I'm confused. Who could she be describing.

6/10

"He believes in them."

7/10

"You see Sans. I was describing the skeleton I like."

8/10

"My favorite thing about him though."

9/10

"Is his love for puns."

10/10

I could feel my entire face light up as I catch up to Charity who was staring into the water.

"You didn't tell me his name", I say looking at her.

"I didn't think I had to", she responds. "I would think the last one would be enough to tell you who I like."

"It was but I want to hear you say it out loud", I say.

She turns to face me.

"Sans... the skeleton I like is...", she trails off and smiles at the ground. "I like you, Sans." She looks up at my face.

I could feel the shock on my face. I knew she was going to say me but I wasn't expecting it to be so... shocking.

"I uh... Charity... I uh... I l... I like you too!", I say quickly.

She blushes and looks at the ground.

"We should or probably head back", I say.

"Yeah", she agrees.

We teleport to the edge of waterfall and decide to walk back the rest of the way. But we stop short when we see and hear Papyrus.

"I... believe in you", Paps says.

I watch as Rose falls to the ground as Frisk grins evilly.

Frisk continues on past us as Rose sits there crying. Charity runs past me and goes to Rose.

I hear Rose explaining what happened.

"I tried to stop Frisk but... she wouldn't listen... She killed Toriel", Rose says.

I collapse to the ground and watch Charity with sad eyes.

She grew angrier and angrier with each word Rose spoke.

Finally, her anger escaped her.

I watch in shock as she grows wings the fade from black to white.

Her bow appears in her hand and a red glow appears in the other.

The dust where Papyrus once stood began to take on his shape and then harden into bone.

He looks a little shaken up but immediately dismisses it when he sees Rose watching in disbelief.

He then sees Charity and he is surprised. I walk up to Charity as she begins to fly toward the ruins.

I grab Rose and Papyrus and teleport to the ruins to see the Charity was already there. The dust that was where Toriel stood took her form again and turns into Toriel.

I watch in shock as Charity stayed how she was and just floated down to the ground.

She looks shocked to see her wings and her bow.

"I remember what happened but I haven't seen my wings since I was six and my bow since I was seven", she says.

"Have you always been able to that?", I ask.

"Do what?", she asks.

"Bring the dead back to life?", I ask.

"I've never done it before", she says and then falls.

"What time is it?", I ask as I catch her.

"8 pm", Toriel says.

"Do you know why she always falls asleep around this time?", I ask.

"My guess is it has to do with her powers. She just doesn't have enough energy to stay awake for longer than she does because of them. It could also be the fact that she hasn't discovered all her powers so she has to sleep to find them out", Toriel says.

That makes sense actually. I nod and then walk into the ruins to take Charity to her room.

Everyone decided to stay in Toriel's home that night to keep an eye on Charity.

I smile as I put her down on her bed and then cover her with her blanket.

"Sleep well, my little angel", Toriel whispers to Charity.

I lay down on the floor and fall asleep there.