Backstory

Hello readers! I'm gonna try to update every day but don't expect it because I am very forgetful. Hope you like this chapter!
TRIGGER WARNING: Abuse and self harm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"No daddy don't hurt me!" I screamed. "It's just a game" he whispered quietly. "Shut her up!" One of his friends say. "I'm working on it!" Dad shouts back. "LEAVE HER ALONE! IM TIRED OF THIS! HURT ME NOT HER!" my mom said suddenly. "SHUT UP YOU WHORE!" dad shouted. I blacked out right after I saw my dad kick my sweet, caring, lovely mother in the stomach...hard. I woke up to my mom carrying me to the orphanage. "I will come back for you sweetie. I promise." were the last words I ever heard from my family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up screaming, crying, and covered in sweat. All the boys came running into my room. "Are you ok?!" Connor loudly asked. "Yea I'm fine. Nightmare." I mumbled. Everyone left except Connor. He started to leave. "Daddy can you stay?!" I half asked half screamed at him. He looked surprised that I called him daddy but he turned around. "Sure Melster." he said smirking. He climbed into my bed and I fell asleep hugging my new dad.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I woke up Dad was gone. I decided to start calling him dad. The rest were like my annoying brothers. I jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom. I pulled up my sleeve to reveal the scars. (A/N yea yea I know everyone puts this in their stories. Calm down.) I added another cut so that I could release the pain inside. I quickly wrapped it up and went to get clothes. I put on my dark wash, ripped skinny jeans, a black, long-sleeved shirt, and my black high tops. I ran downstairs and went into the kitchen. "Hey girl! Pancakes for breakfast!" Ricky shouted happily. "Yay!" I shouted back just as happily. Jc walked over with a plate full of pancakes, bacon, and syrup. "Thanks Jc!" I said smiling. "No problem lil sis" he said back. I liked that he referred to me as his sister. It made me feel happy. The guys almost replaced Jamie.

(Flashback)

"I will always protect you" he said. I nodded my head and snuggled into my big brother Jamie. He was my role model. He was perfect to me. Whenever dad brought his friends over to do...things, Jamie would always be there for me. He would do anything to stop them. He would always be punished for it but he did anyways. "Melody" Dad said evilly from the other room. "My friends are here" He was drunk. Too drunk. "No dad. Don't do this again. She's so little! Why do you do this to your own daughter! YOU'RE SICK!" Jamie screamed. "I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!" Dad screamed. "Jamie no!" Me and mommy screamed in unison. All I heard was a crash and a whimper before my brother, my loving brother who promised to protect me, would protect me no more...

(End of flashback)

"Melody! Are you ok??" Kian screamed. I had ended up on the floor in fetal position and was crying. Soon I felt Dad pick me up and set me on the couch. "What happened?" He asked. "Can I tell you upstairs? In private?" I inquired. "Yes" he said and held my hand, leading me upstairs to his room. I told him all about my old father, my mother, and Jamie. We were both crying when I was done and when we opened the door we saw three nosy boys crying as well. We all walked downstairs and sat in silence. Eventually Ricky, Connor, and Kian had to leave to film a collab. Jc stayed home with me. I had an itch on my left arm so, not thinking, I pulled up my shirtsleeve and scratched my arm. "What is that?!" Jc shouted. "It's...nothing" I mumbled. "Melster why?" he said with a pained look in his eyes. "There has been so much pain in my life. I just had to let it out." I explained. "Why the fresh one? Are you not happy with us?" He inquired with that same sad look. "No I love it here! It's about that night when I was screaming. I had a dream about what my dad did and when my mom brought me to the orphanage. She said she would come back. She never did. My dad is still out there. I don't think my mom is still alive" I said with the same sad look. "We are here for you. Please promise you'll stop. I'm your big brother. If anything is bothering you, come to me or your dad or Ricky or Kian!" He shouted grabbing my shoulders. "Ok I promise!" I shouted back crying. We hugged for a long time. "I have to tell the rest." Jc said eventually. "Ok I understand" I whispered. "How about a sandwich?" He chirped completely changing the mood. "Sounds good" I replied in the same happy tone. I love my new family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to my friends for supporting me! Love you KiKi and Ryry. Hehehe. If you can't tell I'm really into nicknames. Aaanyways, sorry about the short chapters. I promise to make them longer once I get more Boo Bears. C ya! -Kenzie Boo 😁