Chapter 10.

[Laila]

I heard a knock on the door as I was getting ready to go to the fair. It couldn't be the postman as it was a Sunday, so I went downstairs wondering who on earth wanted to see me.

I opened the door to see James standing there, looking anxious.

"Hey Laila."

"James?!" I was so surprised that I didn't know how to react.

"Surprise!"

He held out his arms and I jumped into them, both of us staying in an embrace for a while. I couldn't believe it! How did he get here?

"How come you're here? I thought you said you were busy?"

"Busy making my way up to you."

My eyes watered; I felt so overwhelmed. "I don't know what to say. I'm so glad you're here Jay."

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do this. I also did not want to miss out on your cupcakes."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "So you're just here for the food then."

"Yep" he smirked.

"Then you'd better come help me at the fair."

"With pleasure."

He put down his bag and helped me carry the cupcakes. I was walking since I didn't have a car so I really appreciated Jay's help.

"Do you want to help me take pictures? Or do you just want to walk around?"

"I wouldn't mind a picture with you."

I pulled out my phone and snapped a photo of us, our very first together. "You'd better get a picture with the mayor. He would love that."

"Will do!"

We had a lot of fun at the fair, with James and I stealing glances at each other from time to time. I guess it was just weird for us to be with each other in the flesh after months of not even knowing what each other looked like. It was something that I was going to have to get used to.

"Your cupcakes were so good that I think I gained five pounds" Jay laughed on the way home.

"You ate so much of them! You must be broke right now."

"Kinda. Totally worth it though."

I opened the door to my house and we both went inside, Jay just standing there as I sat on the sofa. "What's up?"

"It's just that I'm wondering if I should go find a hotel now. I didn't book beforehand so I don't know if there will be any room."

"What are you talking about? You can stay here silly. It may be a one bedroom but there is an attic room which is supposedly an 'office', however I use it as a guest room. It's kinda small but I think you'll be alright."

"Thanks Laila."

"No problem. Now go get into your pj's and come down so we can watch X Factor together."

With a final smile, he went upstairs to get ready while I went to my room, my mind buzzing with ideas. Now that Jay was here, there was so much that I wanted to do with him. I couldn't wait.