Chapter 12.

When I woke up, I could hear Jay making breakfast downstairs. He came up into my room with a tray of waffles. "Morning sleepy head."

"Morning James. I should have you around more often!"

He laughed. "Don't worry I plan on visiting often enough."

We both started eating and I set up my computer so we could watch TV. It was fun just being there like that, raw and without pretense.

"So what games do you have?"

"Well I have a Wii and a Nintendo Switch so take your pick."

As soon as Jay heard those words he came alive, and pretty much spent most of the morning playing games. After lunch I decided to go for my usual walk on the beach, and Jay and I sat on a rock to look at the view.

"It's so beautiful here Laila" Jay spoke as he took everything in. "I can see why you like living here."

"It's so calming here, it's a pure stroke of luck that I got this job right after uni."

"You studied English didn't you?"

"Yep!"

"Makes sense. You're very smart."

"You got that from just texting?" I giggled.

"Yep! You know way more than I do."

"Yeah but your knowledge is way more useful. Besides, you can actually perform."

"Talking about performance, you have to come see me one day."

"I will" I smiled.

We sat like that for a while, just listening to the waves crashing. Jay's eyes were so blue that I couldn't help but get lost in his them. It didn't help that he was looking so good too, with his trimmed beard and hair flying in the wind.

"Why don't you spend the summer with me?" Jay broke through my thoughts and looked at me expectantly.

"What like the whole summer?"

"Yeah. Maybe you can come see my place in America?"

"I would love to! I haven't really taken holidays this year apart from now."

"It's set then! You could maybe even meet the boys."

"That would be nice."

He put an arm around me and said "let's go back now. I want to show you something."

James showed me some of his dances and tried to teach me. I was kind of hopeless but it was loads of fun. Honestly, Jay could make anything fun.