Chapter 18.

I couldn't sleep that night for some reason. Fed up of tossing and turning, I padded downstairs and found Nathan in his studio.

"Oh Laila you surprised me! What are you doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing."

"I couldn't sleep, and then I got some inspiration." He played a couple of notes as I looked on. "Wanna sit?"

I sat next to him and watched him play, eventually trying to play myself. I'd had piano lessons when I was small but never really followed up.

"Not bad, but let me show you..."

He grabbed my hands and made me make the right notes, his fingers over mine. I let him do as he pleased, feeling his breath over my shoulder, and when he stopped, we smiled at each other.

"Looking forward to going out tomorrow?"

"Yep! It will be interesting to experience a club."

"You'll see, it's great."

Nathan was still holding one of my hands. I yawned, signaling that I was tired.

"You know, I have a bed down here that you can sleep on if you want."

"Really? You sleep down here?"

"Yes, sometimes."

"It's okay, I can go back upstairs."

"Please stay, I really like your company. It gets kind of lonely down here."

He put his hand on my leg and looked at me intensely, leaning in a little. I began to wonder if he was going to kiss me. Was that alright? I mean I barely knew him! What would Jay think? Did it matter?

Luckily for me he seemed to think better of it, pausing when our faces were just inches apart. "I'm sorry Laila I'm just...a bit tired" he sighed.

"It's alright" I smiled, taking in his tousled hair and eye bags. "You need to sleep Nathan."

"I guess so."

Nath made his way over to the bed and lay there, exhausted.

"Goodnight Nathan."

"Night Laila. Sorry I kind of left you in a lurch with the bed."

"Don't worry about it."

The next day I went to London bright and early with James. He wanted to just hang out since he had been so busy recently and I wanted to see more of him. Nathan would join us later at the club.

"So this is where my management is" Jay spoke, showing me a building. "Figured you might want to see it."

"I want to see you dance" I laughed and so did he.

"You will soon! You're really impatient aren't you?"

"Thought you would have guessed from our texting."

"Some things can only be seen in real."

"How poetic."

"I did pick up on your sarcasm however."

I pulled a face at him and he sprayed me with his water bottle.

"I can't believe you just did that!" I shouted, chasing him and spraying water back at him. We chased each other for a while until we randomly decided to go to an amusement park. I hadn't been to one in forever and neither had he.

"I used to love rollercoasters as a child" I smiled. "I don't know what happened to me."

Jay detected this sudden change in mood and grabbed my hand. "Well maybe you just need to learn to love them again."

We got into the biggest, scariest one there and he held my hand. Honestly, I really lucked out when I found him. He's caring and funny...why is he even single?

"I wish you never had to leave" Jay said out of the blue when we were enjoying ice-creams.

"I kind of do too. It's been fun getting to hang out with you. I do miss home a bit though."

"That's understandable. It's so beautiful...like you."

I smiled at him, too embarrassed to respond. What was with these boys? They were both acting weird with me. I didn't want to believe for a second that it was because they had taken a liking to me. Maybe they just pitied me?

"Shall we go? You said you'd take me shopping for an outfit for tonight."

"Of course."

[Jay]

Shopping with Laila wasn't simple. She hated it, and she never seemed to find anything she liked.

I was waiting for her to reveal herself after a huge pile of rejected clothes, but when I looked up my breath was taken away

She was wearing a little black dress, simple yes, but she has these absolute killer legs that I didn't know she was hiding.

"Well? Do you like it?" she asked nervously, interrupting my train of thought.

"Laila you look...stunning."

"Thanks."

"I didn't know you had such nice legs."

She blushed a little and said "I'm going to wear stockings."

"Suit yourself" I shrugged.