Chapter 11.

[Jay]

When I woke up, Laila was getting ready for work.

"Oh hi there James, I didn't want to wake you. I'm off to work but don't worry I'll be back at around 3."

"Can I come with you?"

"I guess you can if you want to."

I quickly got up and went to take a shower, grabbing breakfast on the go. I wanted to spend pretty much every moment of my time with Laila in whatever way I could.

"Morning" Laila said to 2 employees in the store, a man and a woman. After she introduced me I followed her to the back.

"So this is what I do. I deal mainly with orders and organization. Ben and Amelia deal with customers and shelving. My boss does the accounts and all of the business stuff."

"Okay" I nodded.

"Can you stay here while I go see my boss?"

"Of course."

"By the way, how long are you staying?"

"About a week. I'll leave next Monday."

"Alright. Be right back."

While she went up I looked around at the books, seeing some that I recognized. I'm really into fantasy stuff so Laila and I love talking about things like The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner. She soon came back with a smile on her face.

"I got the week off so come on, let's go to the beach."

I'd been waiting to see the beach where Laila walks. It was just as beautiful as in her pictures, and as we walked we started chatting about what we could do together.

"I don't really care what we do, I just want to hang out with you."

"That's sweet but you'll be bored."

"Well how about we go visit somewhere? Is there anything to see?"

"I could take you to the nearest city."

And so that's where we went. We did a whole lot of window shopping and messing around in the morning before grabbing lunch in a pub.

"One day I'll take you to the pub in Newark."

"I look forward to that."

"So what do you want to do this afternoon?"

"We can go on the sightseeing tour. That way you can say that you've seen everything around here."

"Sounds good."

We spent the afternoon doing that before going home and having a takeaway in the evening. Curled up on the sofa, we watched an episode of one of Laila's favorite shows: Casualty.

"Tomorrow let's just have a lazy day in" I suggested, tentatively stroking her hair. "Okay. I don't have Assassin's Creed but I've got other games."

I smiled. "It's alright, as long as you're happy I'm happy."