Chapter 27.

[Laila]

I heard a knock at the door while I was sitting downstairs, listening to the sounds of yet another storm. Upon opening the door, Jay was standing there, dripping wet.

"I love you Laila."

I threw my arms around him and kissed him, our hands quickly all over each other. I jumped and crossed my legs around him, allowing him to carry me backwards into the living room. He started climbing upstairs where we burst into my room, still kissing passionately.

"I missed you" I whispered as Jay took his shirt off, my hands finding my way to his jeans to help remove them. "I missed you too."

I can't say that I expected the first time to be like this, in fact I always thought I'd save it for marriage, but when you know it's time you know.

We undressed each other and began kissing each other's bodies, moans and groans ringing out. At that moment I was glad that there was a storm because the neighbors might have heard us.

"Forgot to say hi" he chuckled when we finished.

The next day I woke up in Jay's arms. We stayed like that for a moment, then Jay sat up and stretched. "Your back!" I exclaimed when I saw all of the red marks.

He chuckled. "Just a reminder that we had a lot of fun last night."

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. Anyway, you aren't exactly unmarked."

He pointed at my neck and I realized that I had hickeys there. "Nice" I laughed.

"Indeed" he smirked.

"Listen Jay, I wanted to talk to you about something."

He lay back down next to me and looked at me with his beautiful blue eyes.

"I'm thinking about applying for a new job in a publishing house. It's nearer to London so I'll be closer to you."

"Cool! What's stopping you?"

"Well it's leaving this place...I like this town. But I do want the job, and I think it's time for a new start."

"Well if it's what you want, go for it."

Jay kissed my check and played with my hair as I thought about it.

"I'll apply for it."

"Good."

"What do you want to do today?"

"How about round two?"

I smirked at the cheeky look on his face and took up his offer. "Let's go then."

*

I applied for the job and got it, so I ended up moving closer to London. Since Jay doesn't really have a place in the UK, he used mine as a base, practically living there.

I loved my new job, and thanks to continued therapy I improved to the point where I was able to do things I never could before.

Nathan and I stayed friends, and I eventually got to meet the other boys. On my holidays I traveled a lot with Jay and finally got to see his place in the US. I also met his family and after two years of being together he proposed, and I said yes.

It goes to show that what seems to be a simple accident can sometimes turn out to be destiny calling.