Chapter 16.

Before I knew it, I'd already been there two weeks.

I hung out with both boys and got to see what I wanted in London. At some point I was going to get to meet Tom and Kelsey apparently because they wanted to go clubbing with us.

In the meantime, Nathan and I had grown a whole lot closer, I guess that's what happens when you share a house. I honestly did like him a little, and I was fascinated by his creative process. He could spend hours in the studio just writing and playing away. It was amazing to watch.

Today I decided to come walk Minnie with him in the morning. Despite it being summer the air was brisk, so I put my hands in my pockets.

The Gloucestershire countryside was beautiful with all the mist on it. I began to walk ahead a little, looking at everything in the forest. I wasn't counting on the dew being slippery but luckily Nathan caught me when I fell.

"Whoa be careful, it's a bit wet out here."

I blushed because we were really close and he was holding me by the waist. "Thanks."

We continued walking, my mind all over the place. Later on Jay was coming over to hang out and very soon I'd get to see him dance with ex-strictly people.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

"Oh I'm just thinking about Jay. Not in that way though, I'm thinking about his dancing."

Nathan laughed and I blushed again. Why was I making such a fool of myself today?

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, trying to redeem myself.

"Oh...well I was kind of thinking about how beautiful you are."

That took me off guard. "Oh, thanks."

Nathan looked slightly embarrassed and avoided looking at me. Maybe he regretted saying that.

Back at home Jay had come over and we were playing video games. He seemed to notice that I was quiet though because he paused the game without warning and turned to me.

"Everything alright Laila?"

"Yes."

"You're just a bit quiet."

"I have my days."

His look softened and he got closer. "Anything I can help with?"

"You help just by being here Jay."

He smiled and we stared at each other for longer than usual, my eyes going to his lips. Nathan interrupted us though.

"Hey can I join in? Got a bit of writer's block."

Jay cleared his throat and said, "sure mate." We resumed the game and did our best to forget about what had happened.