Chapter 32: Not Today Wolves

Mark's POV

   "Run!" Lyler shouted. We all took off back to Leo's now destroyed ship.

   There was another howl, closer this time, and the sound of paws hitting the ground and snapping small branches. I heard a growl that seemed to be right behind me. I skidded to the right in hopes to throw off the wolf but something warm and furry knocked the breath out of me and I stumbled to the ground. The wolf pounced on top of me and my hands shot up to it's neck to keep its sharp teeth from making contact with my skin and bones.

   "G-Guys!" I shouted as I desperately tried to through the wolf off of me. I tried to push my hips up and to the right but the animal was too heavy.

   I heard a grunt and suddenly the weight of the animal was lifted followed by a whimper. "You okay?" Leo helped me to my shaking feet. "We gotta keep going."

   I nodded and we began running again, fighting off wolves as we dodged trees and helped each other up as we fell. To in shock to even remember the weapons we had brought with us. 

   "I freaking hate wolves." Mars grunted as she smacked a wolf over his snout with a potato.

   "Me t- what the heck is that?" Lyler stopped mid sentence and, still running, pointed to the sky.

   I looked up and saw a bright light hovering over us. It actually seemed to be following us. Within second the light extended down and showered us in it brightness. I kind of started to freak out until Leo grabbed my hands and pulled me toward him.

   "Calm down, I know who it is." He tried to calm me.

   "WE ARE BEING ABDUCTED BY ALIENS!" I shouted, I was about to continue my shouting but Leo shut me up by placing his lips to mine. His lips were soft and comforting.

   "Huh, now I know how to shut you up." He smirked and suddenly the light grew brighter and I basically went blind for a couple of seconds. Somewhere to my left I heard Marissa scream something like 'not today wolves'.

   Once my vision came back to me I realized we were not in the woods anymore but an airship that defiantly not Leo's. It was basically all white, bigger, and more high tech. "Where are we?"

Leo's POV

   "Leorg, I sent you to earth because you were causing trouble. I come back and your ship has been ruined, you have let two humans find out about you, and you met a Martian." Humber sighed and looked over at Lyler and Mars. Mark still standing next to me.

   "Hey, you're the one who sent me here." I argued. "How did you even know it was me if I was in my human form?"

   "Because you're stupid. Who else manages to get the very thing they were searching for blown to bits and pieces?"

   "He isn't that stupid." Mark speaks up, his fingers interlaced with mine.

   "Gee thanks." I mumbled as I watched my boss inspect Mark, looking him up and down.

"So this is your special someone?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." I grin at Mark whose face turned slightly red.

Humber turned to him, "You poor, poor thing." He shook his head, "He is a handful."

"Tell me about it." Mark mumbled and I smacked him lightly. How very rude. I am most definitely not a handful.

"Anyways, you're lucky I needed you back in the flight tactic rank. I understand that there were at least five aircrafts you were up against before you crashed?" Humber asked.

   "Yes."

   "And you decided that crashing your ship had a better chance of saving the others on your ship?" Humber looked at me.

   "...yes?" I gulped. I couldn't tell if he was going to go off on me again.

   "I knew there was a reason we kept you on the flight rank." He grinned and patted me on my back roughly. "Your care for others is what makes you important."

   I was stunned to say the least, that was the first complement I had ever gotten from my boss. I watched in shocked silence as he turned to talk to Marissa and Lyler.

   "What did he mean when he said that you crashed the ship for a better chance to save us?" Mark turned to me and asked.

   "Well, we only had five aircrafts left after we took down some but our ships," I motioned to my boss and then to myself, "Once they've been used for a certain length of time they can self-destruct when in the last moments of an enemy attack"

   "So basically either way your ship was doomed?" He asked.

   "Yeah, basically." I sighed and changed back into my normal form.

   "You should really see on getting that fixed."

~~~~~~~~~~
   CHAPTER 32!!! Woo! It's soooo late and bad but don't worry the story is almost over and then I plan on going back over it and editing it. Again sorry for the lateness and all but here it is!