Chapter 8

"I have to go to work in an hour." I announced, Jimmy stared at me, "Why not quit youre job in that place and work with me? You'd be an amazing writer." He suggested while looking at me. I shook my head, "I cant do that." I replied.

'Why?"

"Because Its hard to adjust in a new job... and I just cant accept a job like that " I stated while standing up, Jimmy and Maverick looked at each other before looking back at me, Jimmy was about to add something but I stopped him from.

"Fine." Jimmy sighed, "But can I at least go with you to work?" He asked, I instantly shook my head, "No."

"Why not?" He asked while following me up the stairs. I didn't want to tell him that I was treated like crap. I don't want him to know that I'd be hated even more if everybody knew he was with me. I just ignored his question and continued my way back to my room. Jimmy grabbed my hand and pulled me and made me look at him, "Why? Is there something wrong?" he asked softly. Tears were threatening to stream down and I didnt want him to see me cry. I shook my head and turned away. Jimmy still held my hand,

"Sarah, Look at me." He ordered, I followed and looked at him, at this point, tears were streaming down.

He cupped my face and wiped the tears away, I couldnt help it, I unblocked my mind and I let him see everything. A few moments later, he pulled me into a hug and kissed me, "Im going with you to work and that's final... " He said sternly. Dammit, I hate crying. I nodded and wiped my tears away. He gave me a soft smile before placing a soft kiss on my lips. I know its cliché and all, but Jimmy's kisses never fail to make everything better. And having him here, making sure that everything will be okay is just the best thing ever. I know its cheezy and I was never the cheezy type but its something I cant deny.

After 30 minutes of getting ready, I was good to go. I opened the door to the bathroom to see Jimmy on the bed, playing with his phone and Tron and Reevo cuddled up beside him. I smiled at them, Jimmy looked up at me and flashed me a grin.

"You look beautiful." He complimented as he stood up from the bed and walked up to me,

"Are you serious? This is just like jeans and some button up polo shirt and vans." I pointed out,

"Then it proves that youre beautiful in anything." He smiled, I blushed. I was never really used to being the center of attention. Jimmy chuckled and grabbed my hand and lead me out, I grabbed my phone and wallet and ahoved it inside my bag.

"MAVERICK! WE'RE LEAVING!" I yelled, "Okay! See you! Take care! Be safe! Have fun, Love you!" He yelled back, I smiled, "Okay! You too! Love you too, jackass!" I yelled back and I heard a laugh coming from the living room. Jimmy came running out, but then I realized, his bruises were gone, his bloody lip and busted eye were also gone. Damn, Maverick has to teach me that thing. "Let's go." Jimmy said as he held my hand. I smiled and followed him.

As Jimmy and I were nearing the door that lead out to the busy streets of New York city, a thought came into my mind,

"Jimmy." I said, He stopped and looked at me, "What's wrong?" He asked, getting ready to hit anyone who came near, which was pretty cute.

"Jimmy, as soon as we walk out those doors, we'll be seen together, and eventually they'll find out that Im a no one, a bartender, and youre like Jimmy Fallon, the king of Late Night. Are you really up for that?" I asked, JImmy smiled at me, "Baby, I dont care if they see us together, I don't care what they say, and besides I wanna show everyone that you're mine, and every man should back off if they dont want to get hurt." He said seriously. I chuckled, he smiled and continued to lead me out the doors.

As we walked out the doors, the cold air of New York slapped up against our faces and Jimmy's hold on my hand got a little tighter. I was right, people who passed us by started to whisper to each other, and camera flashes went off. Jimmy pulled me closer as he hailed us a cab. Jimmy held the door open for me and soon followed inside. As we got in , I told the cabbie where to go, and I just looked out the window after. I was still pretty nervous about going to work with Jimmy. Regina Winters would not like this one bit. Jimmy must've noticed my nervousness, cause he placed his hand on mine. I looked up at him and smiled.

A/N

HEY GUYS! I know this chapter is full of cheezyness and fluff, but I dont know, I just thought that this should be the 'fluff' chappy... so yea, I do hope ya'll like it! and Im sorry if you didnt like it... But then Anyways, I hope you dont forget to Vote and Follow! and then agan, if you have suggestions, remarks or just something to say, just comment it! Aaaaand, I hope you enjoy! Happy READING! :)))) Enjoy! ! :))