Heartbeat

A/N Explaining the title. I didn't know what to call it and then this song came on called 'heart beat' so yea. ON WITH THE STORY!!!

"Oh just shut up!"

Never Phil. never. *Smiles deviously*

"Oh notch, that's not good"

--------------

Slice!

There goes an arm

Smack!

That would have left a bruise

Swish!

Mineral swung again at the trainging dummy again and again, trying to get her anger out even though it was the middle of the night. It had been three days since 'Crystal' had shown up and already Mineral was ready to cut her head off. Not just for being an imposter but also for how ANNOYING she was. Not only was she stuck up but on top of that she acted like she went out of her way try and irritate Mineral in every way she could. It was obvious to Mineral she knew who she was besides the leader of an army.

And then there was Budder. When he found out 'Crystal' was back he was ecstatic to see her again. They've been pretty much inseparable since. At dinner, going out around the town. It just made her blood boil.

The reason she was training in the middle of the night though was because of the dreams.

They were the same ones that woke her up when she was back and they seemed to be getting worse. Once apon a time she would have gone to Steve or some one else for comfort but doing that now would not only reveal her secret but also make her look crazy. Neither of which she wanted.

With one last swing of her sword the head of the dummy tumbled off and rolled across the floor. Mineral was panting hard by now. That one was the fifth one she killed. She walked over to the bench and sat down. Taking several shaky breaths, Mineral managed to get back up and walk out the door. Leaving her sword lying on the bench as she left.

Mineral walked back to her room and closed the door. Flopping onto the bed she realized right away she wasn't going to get back to sleep so she did the next best thing. She got up, walked to the door and stealthily crept towards the door down the hall. She opened the door just enough to step in before closing it behind her and walking to the bed where a sleeping form lay still.

"Endra" Mineral called quietly. The form shifted under the covers but didn't respond.

"Endra" Mineral said a bit louder. The form moved again, this time to face her.

"Mineral? What are you doing in my room?" A sleepy sounding Endra asked. Mineral smiled.

"Night hunt, you in?" Mineral asked, excitement flashing in her eyes. Endra was instantly awake and hopped out of bed.

"Of corse I am!" She exclaimed in a quiet voice. Mineral laughed slightly as she watched Endra run around the room, picking out stuff she might need forgone hunt.

A night hunt was a hunt Mineral and Endra went on at least once a month and, ax the name suggests, it was in the middle of the night. They usually went on one whenever either of them needed to get away and tonight it was Mineral. The part they both liked best, Kye didn't like it when they snuck out.

"I'll wait in the usual spot" Mineral said before she walked out the door.

The usual spot was a large, old oak standing proudly at the edge of the forest. Mineral favored it for its strength. It had stood there off thousands of years and braved through even the worst of storms to keep standing there. It was one of the only things she hoped for still. Strength. The one thing she knew she needed.