Chapter 11

Emma rolled over in bed. Where was she? Then she recalled last night. Did Jonas sleep with her? He wasn’t in the room. Her stomach growled, reminding her why she woke up in the first place. At this moment all she cared about was getting something to eat. By the soft ray of the sunlight beaming through the window she knew it was still early in the morning. Waking up early was normal for her. She would get hungry in the early in the morning.

Groaning she threw her feet over the bed and move to get up. She was still tired and she planned on getting more sleep once she ate. So with half closed eyes she blindly open the door to the room, not bother checking her surroundings. She wondered briefly where Jonas was.

She found the stairs and slowly made her way down. What did she had plan for the day? She wondered briefly. It was Sunday so she would probably go over to Kelly's. Maybe she could give Jesse a call to check on things. The smell of eggs and bacon swamped her senses. Jonas must have made breakfast and she was damn happy about it. She followed her nose and walked the right of the foyer. She stopped dead in her tracks when she came upon the kitchen. It was full of people who now turn to stare at her. They must be Jonas family, the all resemble each other. Shit. She searched the sea of people for Jonas and spotted him on the other side of the huge island.

Why did it feel like she just intruded in their lives? They all stared at her with a look of surprise and amazement. A second later their eyes drop to her bulging belly. Her belly had never felt more huge that at that precise moment. She looked down at herself and realized she was dressed in Jonas's clothes. The legs of the sweat pants were rolled up around her ankles. She must look horrid with her bed hair and sleepy eyes. She should have just packed her things and left. Jonas wouldn't have known she creped out. 'Good morning beautiful.' She heard Jonas whisper and when she looked up she realize just how close he was. He leaned down as kiss her forehead. Her face coloured and she made sure she to keep her eyes from the crowd staring at her.

What were they thinking? Did they know about her and Jonas? Of course they knew! She shouted to herself 'Oh my God! My son is going to prison!' Her head snap to the elderly woman who stood with a gentleman. Must be Jonas’ dad, he looked so much like Jonas and she got a glimpse of what he would look like in his old days, and frankly he would still be handsome. She couldn't tell what he was thinking; he just kept staring at her with contemplation.

'What are talking about mom?' Jonas asked clearly annoyed.

'How old is she? What? Seventeen?' Emma could have laughed if she didn’t look so serious. The lady looked like she was going to have a heart attack.

'She's not seventeen mom... you’re not seventeen are you?' Emma looked up at Jonas incredulously. Now he asked her? Sure she looked younger than her actual age but not that young.

'Now you ask me? Are you serious?' How ridiculous. 'No I'm not!’ She almost shouted ‘I'm a grown twenty two year old woman. And even if I was, it still would have been legal.' She glared openly at Jonas’ mother and quickly stop when she realized what she was doing. She wanted to leave; this was too much 'Take me home.' Jonas look at her in surprise but immediately his mouth pressed in a hard line 'Now.' She said more forcefully. She was fully aware that she was acting like a child but she couldn't deal with his family. They were all staring at her like she was some strange creature.

Instead of adhering to her wish he grabbed her up and leaned down to her level. His breath caressed her ears as he whispered 'Stop acting like the teenager my mom accused you of being. Show some respect for my family, my parents. Now be a good girl and say good morning.' He leaned up and gave her a stern look. It made her fume inside at his controlling ways. She didn't want anyone telling her how to behave. She had enough men in her life trying to control her and it seemed she got stuck with another one. And the worst part was that she knew she was kind of rude, the polite thing was to say good morning. But fuck, they intimidate the hell out of her. She wanted to scream at Jonas 'I hate you so much!' She ground out between closed lips and from the glare he sent her she knew he heard. Good.