Chapter 36

'Jonas your phone is ringing,' Emma growled, throwing the sheet over her head. She didn't feel him move and she sighed when the phone stopped. About to fall asleep, it sounded again. This time Jonas growled and woke up.

Emma missed his warmth when he moved from spooning her but she was more than happy that the shrill noise ended. Why did he have that stupid honking ringtone anyway? 'Hello! Ariel? Why are you calling me at this time?' Emma's eyes flew open at that and she was instantly awake. She sat up and turned on her bedside lamp. This was not happening.

'Are you okay? Calm down, I'm on my way.' Emma stared at Jonas as he hang up the phone and move from their bed 'Ariel says someone is outside her apartment and they won't go away.' he explained as he hurriedly dressed 'she sounded really scared.'

'What? The police is not available?’ She snapped sarcastically. ‘Why does she have to call you?'

'I don't know sweetheart but I'll see you later,' he came and kissed her before he left. Emma stared blankly at the door. What the hell just happened?

Sighing she dropped down in bed. On the other hand she hoped Ariel was okay but she was mad. Why did she have to call her husband? The police would be the best option. And there was also Luka, Grant or William. She swore if that bitch ever tries anything with her man, she will be sorry. And Jonas the asshole.

Looking at the time she saw that it was minutes after twelve. Jonas had gotten home not two hours ago. She had stayed up waiting for him, which reminded her she really needs a shower. They had made love and she was sticky.

After her shower she dress in one of her night gowns and got back into bed. She watched a little TV as she waited for her husband.

Three hours later and Jonas was not back yet. She was worried. Emma had tried calling him but he wouldn’t pick up. She was worried sick but now she was just pissed off. Angrily she tried calling again, this time however he answered 'Where the hell are you Jonas?'

'Emma?' From the sound of his voice he sounded like he had been sleeping. 'Oh I'm sorry. I should have called.'

'Damn right you should have! Why are you still at her house?!'

'Look there was a creeper outside her place and she was scared so I thought I’d stay I while. I must have fallen asleep.' She heard rustling and she could have sworn she heard a moan.

'Are you in bed with her?!'

His silence was everything and she hang up the phone. Hurt and bloody angry she couldn't fall back asleep; instead she got up and packed her things. She was going to spend some time with her aunt come morning. After she packed a bag she got back into bed. Exhaustion quickly took hold and wanting nothing than to forget about Jonas’ betrayal she quickly fell into deep sleep.

                                                         ***

'I’m going home, Ariel. I'll have a security team come and help you.' Jonas said as he walked to the door. He was worried and was desperate to get back to his wife.

It was morning and he still couldn't believe that after she had called him last night he had still stayed. But he couldn't leave, he reasoned with himself. Ariel had gotten scared and he had stayed.

Dammit, he sure as hell hoped Emma didn't think anything happened between them. They hadn't been in bed together but they had slept together on the couch. It wasn't his intention to stay last night but he had fallen asleep, Ariel on his shoulders. From the way things ended by the call he knew he was in deep shit. 'Thank you for staying with me Jonas, it means a lot that you still care.'