9 - Our New Baby Learns How To Speak English

My husband and I had a new baby named after him who we had adopted and we wanted to teach him to speak our native language of English. So then one day while Scotty was home from a concert he sat down with our son and taught him some words in English. Scotty said, "Here say these words for me." The words were as follows: Mommy, Daddy. He looked at him and asked, "What's your sister's name? Can you say her name?" "Kimberly." "Beautiful." After his lesson, Scotty gave him a feeding and while our son was having his feeding, Scotty decided to put on a CD of himself for them to listen to. The first song that came on was, "I Love You This Big." When it came on, Scotty cranked up the volume on the radio and sang as loud as he could, the windows were down and then he sang his theme song, as he called it, called, "Your Man" and then he heard Jose start to wail and he put his son on his shoulder. All he sai was, "Hush son, I'm sorry. Shh, it's alright, son." Then he gave his son a kiss and fed him his bottle. After our son's feeding, I decided to iron some clothes. While I ironed, I turned on the T.V. and wtched an interview of my husband. While I was watching it, he walked in and looked at the T.V. He walked over to me and asked, "Is that me doing an interview?" "Yes, it is. Hi honey." I gave him a kiss and continued ironing clothes. He looked at me and asked, "Are you ironing my clothes too?" "Yes honey, I am, calm down. Good Lord." AFter I ironed, I folded the clothes and went up to our bedroom and I took it up to our room and put the clothes away. While I was upstairs in our room, putting our clothes away, he came upstairs and knocked softly on the door. He peaked in and asked, "Honey, are you busy?" "Not really, jsut putting some clothes away, that's all, what's up?" "Oh nothing." After the clothes were put away, it was 8 o'clock and so we brushed our teeth and went to bed.

The next morning, I stretched and looked out the window and then looked over and saw my husband fast asleep. I gently put my hand on his shoulder and stroked it. He turned over and just smiled at me. He asked in a sleepy voice, "Yes? What do you need?" "Oh nothing, I just wanted to say 'good morning' to you. That's all." So then we started our day, with me getting the kids up and then Scotty went off to the studio to record and before he left, he got a good-bye kiss from all of us, his kids and myself.