6 - We Bring Our New Baby Home

My husband Scotty and i were home with our new baby by now. Our daughter was still in kindergarden and she was loving it. One morning, Scotty decided to come to her classroom to surprise her. Then she stood up, walked over to Daddy, and welcomed him in. He went to her teacher's desk and asked, "Ma'am, may I stay with my daughter to watch her in her kindergarden class?" "Absolutely sir. Anyone is welcome in my classroom. Would you like to see your daughter?" "Yes ma'am." So then he walked over to our daughter and she screamed from excitement when she saw Daddy. So he decided to sit down in a chair next to her desk and she was coloring a picture of her family: Mommy, Daddy, her brother and herself. After her picture was finished, she brought it over to her dad so that he could take a look at it. She gave it to her dad and he said, "This is beautiful sweetheart, even though we're all stick figures. After that he laughed. When her school day was over, Scotty and Kimberly walked out of her classroom, but before they walked out, Scotty said to her teacher, "Ma'am, thank you for letting me sit in my daughter's classroom. I had fun watching her have fun and learn from you, her teacher." "Why, thank you sir. That was very nice of you to say. You two have a great day. Kimberly, I'll see you tomorrow." So while walking out to his truck, Kimberly climbed onto his back and asked, "Can I have a piggy-back ride, please Daddy?" "Sure." When they got to his truck, he put her down and said, "You were getting heavy, so I had to put you down." He opened the passenger door and buckled her in. When she was buckled in, he closed the door and went over to the driver's side, opened his door and got in. After he was buckled in, he looked over at his daughter and asked, "Ready to go home to see Mommy?" She clapped her hands and said, "Yay!" So while they were driving home, Scotty put on the radio and he heard a song that was from his album, "Clear As Day." The song was the title track and so he played it and when it was played, Scotty got emotional when the last verse came on and thought, I hope that this doesn't happen to me. I hope that Kimberly, Jose and I can make it through if she goes sooner or later up to Heaven with our Lord. Once he thought that, he got teary- eyed and choked back tears. Kimberly look at Daddy and asked, "Daddy, what's wrong?" He wiped away his tears and said, "Nothing. Nothing's wrong, sweetheart." 

Just then, they arrived home and he parked his truck, he got out and then walked in the door and saw me and Kimberly ran up, wrapped her arms around my leg and said, "Hi Mommy, I had fun with Daddy today." "I'm glad that you had a great time with Daddy." After that, we started our day.