Chapter 22 - Again?

For those who so sweetly requested here is

Chapter 22

The white wolf bounded around the tank at a full speed.  He ran so fast it was like watching a line of blurring stars.  Luke's hackles raised as he prepared for the attack. Kaitlin let out a snarl that resounded across the fields.  At the sound of Kaitlin's snarl, you could hear Shad and Devlin charging towards them.  The white wolf launched itself at Luke.  A scared Kaitlin pushed out trying to find a way to protect Luke.  As the white wolf was about to latch on to Luke's neck, he was rolled to the side.

Shaking himself, he prepared for another attack.  At this point, everyone was stunned when he was unable to finish his attack.  As he began his charge again, Kaitlin stepped in front.  As soon as she placed herself in harm’s way, the boys were left with no choice but to defend her.  Shad and Devlin came from the sides catching the unknown wolf completely off guard.  Luke hopped over Kaitlin prepared to defend her with his last breath.   The white wolf pulled up short. He was not prepared fight the whole group of friends.  In the distance, the sound of Luke's pack closing in could be heard.  It would just be seconds before the white wolf would be out numbered thirty plus shifters to one.

The white wolf rose to his full height topping Devlin and almost as large as Luke himself.  Shaking his body, he retreated.  Once he returned to where he had transformed he picked up some shorts by a tree.  Three of Luke's warrior wolves followed him into the tree line to ensure he was just headed to shift.  As soon as Luke received word via pack link that the wolf had shifted, he darted off in that direction.  Devlin let out a chipper yip and started to dance and prance around.  Everyone could tell he was happy about whoever it was that had gone to shift.  

Luke had disappeared for several minutes while Kaitlin paced. She could feel that he was unharmed for now but still she worried.  Thinking about Luke hard she became able to pick up bits and pieces of their conversation.

"I came to declare her... not to mate her to a piece of pond scum like you," an unknown voice traveled thru her mind.  Her spirit became annoyed at whoever this person was. No one had the right to put her loving mate down.

"How far have you gone with her?  You know she has to be pure as the driven snow or they will not let her take over as leader."  Again the voice annoyed her.  What she and Luke did was none of his business. What did it matter if she couldn't lead, at least she would be with Luke.

"She is the only way we can defeat this wicked Luna ruler. The Luna ruler fancies herself as the queen. She is quickly managing to get her way in killing off the entire shifter nation. Ever since Clifton dumped her for his mate, she’s had nothing but revenge in her heart. We must have Kaitlin and her abilities leading us or we will never defeat that woman. She is no longer a woman. Really she is nothing but a coldblooded killing machine. If you have done anything that will keep Kaitlin from becoming our leader I will personally rip your heart out and feed it to the buzzards."

As soon as he threatened to kill Luke, Kaitlin’s spirit gained full control.  There was nothing in the world that would keep her from Luke's side. With a mighty bound, she cleared the backs of her protectors and raced to the last place she had seen Luke.  Slipping through the trees, she jumped over Luke and landed feet first in the older man’s chest. Her claws sunk in deep and her teeth descended towards his throat.  A cheetah came barreling out of nowhere and attacked Kaitlin. Kaitlin struggled for a moment before she sunk her back claws into the cheetah's gut.  Shoving her off with all her might, she leaped back to her feet and turned to meet her attacker head on. Her claws had done untold amounts of damage to the cheetah and it dripped blood all over the ground.