Chapter 33 - Oops

I want to say thank you to everyone who reads votes and comments every chapter. Your continued support means the world to me. I love how people really got involved with last chapter. Thanks again. Love TK

Chapter 33

The room seemed to spin some as Kat came back to herself. It seemed strange to be lying on a bed with someone pressed to her back and with that realization Kat sprang to her feet. There on the bed lay an amused and extremely aroused Luke.

“Who did you expect to be behind you?” Luke all but laughed while taking in Kat’s stunned appearance.

“You… You… you bloody jack ass. You Bit me. You not only marked my neck like you were supposed to; you marked my shoulder when warned not to.” Kat began to pace the room.

“You realize they will have to come in here and verify that I was a virgin. They will examine me and ensure that I bled. How will you keep them from spotting the mark on my shoulder? Why does it matter?”

It’s not like they really have to know. I mean… I can have a sleeved shirt on. It’s not like they need to look at my shoulders. They just have to verify I am bleeding down south. I just have to let some perverted old man examine me and it will be okay.” Kat’s mouth quit rambling but her mind continued.

When she brought to mind some perverted old guy examining her in her private region Luke went ballistic.

There is no way in Goddess’s green earth any guy other than me will see or touch you there.” Kat just about jumped out of her skin at his thoughts blared through her mind. For a moment their ability to communicate via mind link slipped her mind. Wait… he knew what she was thinking. Did he have total access to her mind now? Kat bit her lip as she stared at Luke in horror.

Oh my, if he can read my every thought then he would know how much I enjoyed staring at Devlin’s...

“If you want my brother to live, you might want to derail your train of thought right there.” Luke glared and stormed off to the bathroom slamming the door behind him.

There came a tap on the cabin door. Unable to find anything else to cover herself with Kat grabbed the blanket from off the end of the bed. As she headed to the door she became aware of an ache and burn in places she’d rather not.

Luke you shall pay for this,” Kat screamed at him when the pain threatened to buckle her legs.

Kat grabbed the handle. She threw the door open not bothering to look who knocked. Shad glared at her. He reach up and grabbed her hair. He pushed it gently behind her ear. His fingers brushed lightly across the mark on her shoulder and he growled. His fingers on Luke’s mark made Kat sick to her stomach. The longer he brushed his fingers across it the more she felt dirty.

“Please Shad don’t touch there. It makes me nauseous,’ Kat whispered to him, her face draining of color.

Shad reacted to her loss of color by swinging Kat into his arms and carrying her to the chair. He set her down as gently as possible and he knelt before her stroking her cheek. His gentleness brought tears to her eyes. Shad dropped his head to her knees to try to avoid her emotional outburst.

Rage coursing through Luke when he returned to the room and saw Shad all over his mate. Kat, whom just minutes before he had mated; with another male shifter’s head in her lap, mere inches from her womanhood.

Fury rolled off him. A deep growl resounded through the room. The power behind his anger so loud, the windows rattled in their frames. Shad pushed away from Kat as Luke leapt across the space separating them. Before he even hit the floor, Luke shifted.  Shad found himself thrown into the wall at full force. It sounded as if every bone in his body had been smashed on impact. Luke’s jaw clamped on Shad’s neck cutting off his air. Since Luke had marked his dominance over Kat, Shad could not even fight back. He had promised his life to her and she in turn let Luke be her dominant. Now Shad had to bow down to him too. It really sucked.