Chapter 29 - Do's and Don'ts

Thanks to Diane1362 for being the first to comment on my last chapter.  Thanks so much

I would like to invite everyone to my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TKPrincewolves. Please check it out. I will be posting updates and announcements there first. Thanks hope you enjoy.  If you enjoy please think about dropping a comment and vote. Thanks TK

Chapter 29

Astonishment at what she had heard flowed through Kaitlin.

Can it be possible?

She knew that her dad and Alpha Craig had been twins but who was her mom’s twin?

Wait… that had to mean that… No, please do not let it be. Oh, how mean fate could be.

That meant that Mary Margaret and her mom were twins. This realization went along with what this gentleman had said about Mary not approving.

Kat hoped that her aunt and uncle had been exposed to the contaminated water and that was why they’d acted so mean. With a glance at her uncle, who had now quit twitching; she became sadder. All Kat had ever wanted in life was a family to love her. What she got instead was an aunt and uncle out to kill her. Well at least take her newfound cougar spirit away.

“A question for you.” A startled Kat looked up at Luke, caught off guard by his question.

“Go for it young man.” The older gentleman chuckled as if amused by Luke.

“I am guessing you are the council man that Shad sent for correct? If so will you be able to declare her? That she may step up to power. Right?” The strain in Shad’s voice; clear to everyone present.

“What you really mean is, can I declare her so that you can claim her?” At his words, Kat curled tighter into Luke, fighting off a huge wave of embarrassment.

Both Shad and Luke took offense to his comment.  Or rather to the fact that he embarrassed Kat so much. The growls and snorts reverberated around the room making for a chorus like effect. The more they growled the smaller Kat tried to become. Devlin chuckled by the door at the absurdness of it all.

Devlin took a bottle of seltzer and shook it until the bottle was about to burst. With a pop of the lid, he soaked both Luke and Shad in one dousing.  Kat also became drowned in Luke’s arm.  Kat pushed her wet and dripping hair to the side to get it out of her eyes. She glared at Devlin who stared at the floor ashamed.

“Sorry Princess Mistress boss sweet lady. I will scatter now.” Devlin stuttered and stammered as he ran for the door. A bang sounded out as something bounced off the door seconds after it closed.

“Sorry sir. However, this seems to be less than a perfect time to continue. How about I am going to clean up in the in-office suite while y’all continue with your discussion.” Kat hopped out of Luke’s arm

Kat made a dash for the suite. Once there she grabbed a towel to get all the dripping liquid out of her matted hair. What was she going to do? She could not run around the house looking like something a cat rejected for supper.

Kat ran the water in the sink to rinse her hair out. She had just gotten her hair wet when there was a soft tap on the door.

“Hang on a sec!”

She called trying to place her hands on a towel.  It was not one to be found. The towel settled around her shoulders causing her to startle. She spun to face Luke holding a pile of fresh clothes for her.