Chapter 27 - Healing

This Chapter is dedicated to Zickenberg for being the first to answer my question. Thanks to all who read and hope you all enjoy. Please if you enjoy I would love to hear from you. If there is a question or something wrong again let me know and I will work hard to fix it. Thanks so much

Chapter 27

As Kaitlin lay there healing Luke, Shad sent for food to be delivered.  Kaitlin needed to power up or she’d end up sick herself. Kat had never been very good at looking after herself. She would nurture the smallest of animals through until the end though.

As Kaitlin lay stretched out at Luke’s side she considered all of the stuff she would like to see happen. She never planned or dreamed of anything other than going to college. Kat was not even sure what she wanted to study. Most likely vet studies or something like that.  A college degree would help her make a decent living. She’d already received enough college credits to get her an associate’s degree.  Dual credit classes paid off big time.

Kaitlin considered what life would be like without Luke at her side; bleak and dark. In the short time, she’d been with him; she already depended on him so much.  His kind loving soul won her heart but she recognized he had a deep dark side; troubles not yet uncovered.

The door squeaked as Shad brought a tray of food and drinks.  He sat it on the end table by their heads. Shad bowed his head before leaving the room. Kat smelt fresh enchiladas, hot sauce and fry bread to boot. Kat sat up quickly coming to realize that she was very hungry and thirsty.

The tray held plates for both her and Luke.

Shad must believe in Luke waking up soon.

Kaitlin wished she were as optimistic.  She grabbed the first plate deciding to eat a little, and lay back down with Luke. She grabbed the bowl of chicken tortilla soup when Luke lay his hand on hers. Startled she jumped back and sloshed soup on the tray.

Luke struggled to get into a sitting position. He ached and almost thought he might be recovering from the flu or a bad fight. His head was marsh mellowed and his stomach rolled. Thoughts tripped and fell from his mind as he found it hard to grasp what had happened.

Kaitlin quickly recovered and launched herself at Luke.  She placed light kisses all over his face. With a laugh, he sat back and let her have her way. Luke soon realized that the mate tingles were not there. He his heart broke as he realized it really happened. Luke hoped it might have been a dream but realized the reality. He’d broken his mate bond with Kat.

What in the world possessed him to do something so stupid? She was a precious gem; his for all time, not now though. Now any wolf out there; shifter even, could claim her. Luke was surprised that Shad hadn’t tried to claim her already. He was such a messed up piece of trash. He could not believe he’d put Kat through all that hell. More surprising was the fact she was in his lap right now kissing his face.

Kaitlin recognized Luke’s confusion. Even though she’d lost the ability to feel all his emotions, she still sensed he was confused.  He might have broken the connection in his mind but as yet she had not accepted his break.  They should be fine. Both had to break away from each other for the connection to be total destroyed.  At least she hoped. 

Kaitlin leant forward and laid her lips against his and whispered the sweetest words Luke had ever heard.

“I forgive you.”

“How can you forgive me? I’m weak and I gave up on us at the first opposition. I do not deserve someone as wonderful as you. You are such an angel and I am nothing but a thug.  I am so sorry.”  Luke’s voice now barely a whisper. His voice creaking and croaking as he pushed the words out of his dry throat.