Chapter 35 - Ghostly Travels

So So Sorry that I did not post this chapter. I beg every ones forgiveness. If like please comment and let me know if the rest makes more sense now. I am soo sorry again. Hope everyone enjoys.  TK

PS Thanks to each and everyone of you that takes the time to read comment and vote with every chapter. You guys and girls rock..

Chapter 35

The pungent odor of blood and death came in with the woman. She strutted into the room as if she owned the place.

“Would you look at this? Already slumming with the local females, I see. What a shame. My daughter will not be happy I am sure. So why don’t we go find her and see her reaction.” The snappy voice goaded Luke who only wanted to try to hide Kat.

“Now you try to hide the filthy piece of in heat trash from me. Why, I think you believe yourself bigger than what you are,” The evil looking woman cackled. This woman wore a tight black outfit that followed her every curve. She wore vicious looking high heels with silver spikes for the heels. Luke sure they would slice and dice anything they came in contact with. Her hair happened to be almost the color of the new moon sky. Dark and cloaked in deep shadows not really defining much. The only break from midnight black were two small contrasting sections of hair at her temples on both sides which happened to be as white as brand new office walls. She reminded Luke of a skunk and the odors she brought with her reinforced that opinion.

Luke started to advance on the woman trying to get her away from Kat. For some reason she had not placed Kat as the long lost heir and he wanted to keep it that way.

“Kitty Kat I want you to go to the bathroom. There is a trap door to the closet right above the tub on the back wall. Lift it, get in the closet, and hit the panic button. Once all clear, someone will come and set you free. Love, I want you to remember I will always love you with all my heart.”

Kat began a slow crawl towards the bathroom inches behind her.

“Luke I am so scared. Please tell me what is happening. I am the leader I am supposed to be the one protecting everyone else. From the stench in the air shifters are dying. Please.” Even with all her begging Luke refused to answer. He advanced on the Luna who seemed to be going into a trance. Her eyes focused on Luke and fear shone brightly. The Luna reached for something in her pocket just as Kat inched into the bathroom.

Once out of the sight of the Luna Kat set about trying to find the trap door. The backing on the shower seemed solid. She found the trip by a slight breeze under the wall. Kat pawed it until it open and the whole bottom half of the wall shifted so she could slide inside.

Kat glanced around the room for a panic button. As she pressed it with her nose a sharp pain radiated from her shoulder. She spun her head around thinking that the Luna had found her, only to find nothing. As the pain grew sharper Kat realized it was Luke’s pain that flowed through her. His heart began to race super-fast and his breathing got shallow. Kat feared for her mate and spun to go back to his side. Unfortunately, the door had slid shut and now there didn’t appear to be a way out.

Panic surged through her body as she surveyed the room that was now her prison. It was fairly large considering the size of the cabin. It seemed to be underground because the walls reeked of damp earth and rotten vegetation. Surprised to find anything damp in the dry water quenched area Kat tried to look closer at what surrounded her. The whole room seemed to be a new addition of a couple of months old if that. The stench of decaying vegetation seemed to be coming from a pile of hay that tossed on the ground like a pallet.

Kat shuffled to it and lay down. She pondered what had happened and how to proceed from here. Luke seemed to have been put to sleep as his heart and breathing had settled into a slow rhythm. This did not sit well with her wolf. It seemed the rhythm was too slow. Both of Kat’s spirits feared for their mate.