Chapter 12 - Wicked Lady

This chapter is dedicated to everyone who has read and enjoyed my chapters so far. Thank you.  Your kind words of encourament go a long way in keeping me writing.  So thanks agian.  It also goes out to the the wonderful sisters I have made in the JD Cave.  If it wasnt for those ladies this book would never happen.  Thanks for the support and encouragement.   Next chapter should be on Monday Jan. 20th Unless i can get motivated to post before then.  Thanks for reading..  Tina

Chapter 12

     Kaitlin was completely blown away.

    How could that be possible? Kaitlin thought.

    When she’d got off the chopper her mom greeted her. She could also remember the fight with her mom, a fight to do with her mom’s desire for Kaitlin to forget her dad. Kaitlin tried hard to recall everything that was said. It just seemed so difficult to remember it all. So much went on that day.

    Kaitlin started to get a massive headache. It all seemed to be building up which caused her head to pound so hard, like it needed to explode. The pain built to the point dots began to appear before her eyes. Even though she saw Maw speaking to her, she heard nothing.

    Everything faded as a reel of pictures and events began to roll through her mind. Silent films of Kaitlin and her father walking through the forest, tons of them flowed through her head. They seemed to move faster and faster till they blurred. Similar to what happened when she looked into Luke's eyes.

    Kaitlin relaxed as delectable arms wrap themselves around her. As the darkness closed in the arms pulled her back to the light. She sensed a warmth invade her body. Almost like a sheet of ice dissolved in her soul and a huge warm wave over took her. The wave happened to be a fire that she would never be able to define . Flames like that of a forest fire maybe. Heat so hot it resembled a furnace. Kaitlin felt that her body had dissolved in the flames. She almost had a sense of being like ghost in her own body. The flames made it impossible to maintain consciousness.

     Luke swept her up in his arms as she seemed to have succumbed to the change. He wasn't sure why the change started. He could tell it was taking her over. The wave of power that shifted through her body took his breath away. It seemed as though she’d gained some kinda great power or maybe the power broke free. It came across as an overwhelming wave that almost dropped him to his knees. No wonder she passed out from it.

     Luke quickly carried Kaitlin upstairs to her suite. He laid her gently down on the bed. Her body burned as if she was on fire inside. Her emotions were all over the place. Fear seeped in. Luke had never seen anything like this happen before. He turned to see that Maw was in the door way with a phone.

     “Quickly who can we call to get her help? Please she is burning up from the inside out. Her body temp has shot through the roof. I don't know how long she can maintain this temp before her body starts to fail,” Luke yelled at Maw.

     “I can't she ordered us not to tell anyone she was here,” Maw sobbed falling to her knees.

     “Call my brother and tell him I am in dire need and to bring Doc Sam. He will come quickly with the Doctor. Doc Sam will know what to do. By saying I need help you are bringing them here without breaking her command. Now hurry.”
Luke was shaking from the pain coming through the mate connection.

     “Luke, bro what’s the matter? What can I do?” Luke heard his brother calling through the pack link.

     Luke's body gave in to the torment of pain causing him to be unable to answer. Luke's brother should have been able to experience the pain. That should bring him all the more quickly. The hotter Kaitlin's body got, the higher the pain level got for Luke. He could only hope he took part of her pain. His sweet baby should never have to go through this. He needed to find a way to make it better. He worried her pain would kill them both. It wouldn't be long if some kind of relief was not found. Laying his head on her chest Luke calmness seeped into him as the blackness of pain over took him.