I'm back

Chapter 3

"And after disappearing for nearly three years, she returns with a bang and is now the x games female freestyle motocross gold medalist. Ladies and gentlemen here she is, none other than Kelsey McKeen!" the announcer said and then the camera turned to me.

"Thank you Gary" I said to the announcer with a smile.

"Now Kelsey, tell us what made you decide to come back after 3 years of being missing?" he asked and waited patiently for my answer.

"I just figured I was gone long enough and my friend reached out to me and told me about all the letters and love I was receiving. So I started reading some of them and decided that it was time to get back." I said shrugging.

"Now we all saw you have an amazing season coming back but we want to know where's Nate?" he asked confused.

"He's around. He hasn't given up on his sports he just doesn't want to compete anymore. He has now taken over the roll of being my manager." I said chuckling a bit.

"So how does it feel to be standing here on national TV and in front of thousands of people yelling and cheering for you for winning gold?" Gary asked waving his hands over the crowd. The crowd went crazy and I smiled.

"It feels amazing. I couldn't have imagined my season ending off any better. Its just amazing. I cant begin to describe this feeling." I said smiling feeling a little overwhelmed.

"Well there you have it folks. Lets hear it for the new champ Kelsey McKeen!" he yelled and the people went crazy as I kissed both my hands and put them up in the air turning and smiling at them. "I'm sure your dad would be very proud of you Kelsey." Gary said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks Gary" I smiled and then watched the small screen as Gary sent them back to the guys in the studio's. I stood and watched what they had to say in the studio.

"Well there you go folks. Kelsey McKeen is back and hungry for more. You know she was an amazing freestyler back then but damn did she come out with a bang." the one guy said turning to the other one.

"You got that right. She sure was a McKeen. It's just sad that Nate has stopped competing but I'm sure Kenneth is proud of them. Lets take another look at her last winning run." the guy said then they showed my run.

My run started off with a simple Dead body then I went on to doing a Fender Grab, Kiss of Death, Nac Nac and then lastly ending off with the trick that scared me the most to do, the Rock Solid. As I landed I threw my bike down I ripped off my helmet and ran into Nate's arms as he hugged me and spun me around.

"Wow, that was it ladies and gentlemen. Welcome back Kelsey. Its good to have you back." the announcer said and then they went to commercial.

"Are you ready to go Kels?" Nate asked coming up to me.

"Yeah" I smiled at him and linked my arm through his.

"I am so proud of you" he said giving me a side hug. My cheeks were starting to hurt from all the smiling but I couldn't help it. I haven't been this happy since our dad passed. I missed him so much but knew he was in a better place protecting us and looking out for us.

After Dad passed, Nate and I took a break from everything. We mostly traveled but tried to keep a low profile and out of the public's eye. We never had a funeral, that was dads wishes. We went to go put his ashes by moms grave.

Nate and I just got to be ourselves again with everyone wanting something from you or bothering us. We bonded and we were closer than ever before. Nate was my rock and the only family I had left.