Baja 1000

Chapter 13

I woke up from someone knocking on the door. I groaned and opened one eye then the other. I pushed the covers off of me and went to open the door.

"Seriously Nate?" I asked as I opened the door that revealed my brother. He was fidgeting and gave me a nervous smile.

"Can I talk to you Kels?" he asked still fidgeting. I had to grab his hands just to stop.

"About? What's the time anyway?" I asked yawning and running my fingers through my hair.

"Its just after 4am. Please just come will you?" he asked. I frowned and then nodded. Holding up my hand to tell him I'll be out in 5. I walked passed Roner and Special still sound asleep. How they didn't hear the knocking only they would know.

I tip toed into the room to find Travis cuddled up with my pillow and a small smile on his face. He looked so cute. I shook my head and reminded myself that my brother was waiting for me to talk. I had no idea why it couldn't just wait until we got up later. It must me something big though to have him so on edge.

I slipped into a pair of jean shorts, a blue tanktop and my white and blue checkered DC shoes. I grabbed a hoodie since it was still dark out and might be cold. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun then grabbed my phone and stepped out of the room. Nate was leaning against the wall staring at the ceiling when I stepped out of the hotel room.

"Ready to go?" I asked and he snapped his head in my direction. I smiled at him but only got a tight one back. I frowned and followed him to the elevators. We didn't say anything as we walked the streets of Costa Rica. It was absolutely beautiful here. We walked to the beach which wasn't too far from the hotel and sat on the sand.

It was starting to get light out and soon the sun would be rising. I have no idea how long we just sat there. Every now and then Nate would look at me and it will seem like he wants to open his mouth but then he turned away and shook his head. This was getting on my last nerve.

"Oh for the love of fuck Nate. Would you stop that and just spill your guts already?!" I snapped at him whilst glaring.

"Sorry." he gave a small smile and then sighed "And who says have something to spill. Maybe I just wanted to spend some time with my baby sister."

"Yeah right." I said rolling my eyes. He frowned at me and now it was my turn to sigh. "OI know you better than you know yourself Naty. You have something on your mind. You're fidgeting and you keep giving me that look."

"Fine" he said and rubbed a hand over his face "I have something on my mind."

"So then. That's what I'm here for Nate. To listen, so spill it." I said giving him a nudge. I was curious to know what it was he wanted to tell me.

"I think I'm in love with Jolene." Nate said looking at me dead in the eye.

"Yeah and? I thought you already knew that. Wait you guys even say it already?" I asked confused.

"I know, but Kels I love her more than anything. Every time I see her my heart speeds up and I get this funny bubbly feeling in my stomach. I cant imagine my life without her." he said smiling at me then looking ahead of him.

"You sound whipped." I smiled, happy for my brother. But then something started to bother me. All those things Nate feels about Jolene. I'm pretty sure I feel some of those things too.

"At least I can admit it." Nate smirked and nudged me in my side.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked with a glare while rubbing my side.