Meet your wife

I decided to keep myself away from the prince. Since every time I was within ear range, he would be begging for my hand. At this point, I was feeling bad for his wife to be. Kakashi sat in the carriage with him, and I sat on the roof.

I was perfectly happy sitting in the sun on the roof. Kakashi thought I was sitting with the driver. He might get mad, but oh well. I looked around at the swaying trees. The leaves were shaking in shades of green. "It's peaceful." I breathed and rested my head on my knees.

I looked ahead and saw that it was going to get all swampy again. I frowned at these two places. Living in such depressing places. I was guessing we would finally be there soon. I sighed. I felt relief. I tried not to think badly of the prince, but I was glad to soon say goodbye.

I heard the prince talking to Kakashi suddenly, and they had been riding in silence the whole time. I listened as they spoke.

"Is she spoken for?" The prince asked in sourness.

Kakashi hmm'd, "Yes, actually." He said it bluntly.

"Oh, by whom? I shall speak with them and pay them," the prince started.

Kakashi let out an annoyed sound. "She isn't an object. You cannot just buy her." He cut him off.

I made a disgusted face but remained silent.

The prince laughed, "Oh, funny! Women are property. There hasn't been a lady I couldn't have, but Mori is special. I am sure my wife would not mind if I took a mistress." He said it in a sure voice; he sounded spoiled.

I heard a growl and froze. Oh no! I looked up and saw the palace. I dipped over the edge and let myself dangle upside down. I coughed loudly, making the prince jump. "We are almost there." I said it, smiling at Kakashi sweetly. "I just thought I should let you guys know," I said, then pulled myself back onto the roof.

The looks on their faces are priceless. I remained silent, as did they, until we finally pulled into the royal grounds. The prince pressed Kakashi again.

"So who is the one who has spoken for her?" He asked.

I wanted to know as well, but just as Kakashi hissed the answer, a trumpet was blown, making me cover my ears. I glared at the driver who had blown it. He stopped and put it down.

I knew he was announcing the prince's arrival, but gosh, give a little warning. I listened to the now silent carriage... I felt the tension in the air as we stopped. I was glad I wasn't in the carriage.

The door swung open, and Kakashi was the first one out. He held the door for the prince as he climbed out next. They both looked at the palace. It was beautiful. I reached down, ruffling Kakashi's hair, before jumping down next to him.

He watched me as I did and sighed, "Always trouble." He was obviously in a bad mood.

The prince was staring at me again. He looked angry as well. I tilted my head and shifted, moving to stand behind Kakashi. I looked at the long path, seeing the Emperor Lord making his way down the steps with his wife. We needed to meet them at the bottom of the steps. Me and Kakashi stood off to the side. Truthfully, I couldn't wait to leave. I almost never wanted to go on a mission ever again. I let a sigh out.

I slipped away unnoticed after they got to talking, and everyone seemed distracted. I went a little bit away, crouching down and looking at the beautiful flowers. I picked the pretty red one and gasped in pain.

"Mori," Kakashi whispered toward me.

I jumped up and ran back over, holding the flower behind my back. The queen smiled as she started toward us, "and you must be the ninja that brought him here. We thank you deeply." She bowed her head.