Chapter 27

Selena Pov

I knocked on the door waiting for Liz to open, I really needed to talk to her. I was confused about everything, what was I suppose to do now that Mark wasn't my friend anymore? What should I do? Should I fight for him to stay friend with me or just let him go?

Taking a deep breath I kept on knocking until long blonde honey hair appeared at the door "Liz!" I rushed to hug her making her stumble a little backward

"Lena? What's wrong?" She hugged me back before letting me inside, her face displayed a look of worry and surprise to see me there

"Mark" I said fast "He hates me, and justin hit him, he acts so different"

"Wait wait slow down" She led me to sit on the couch "I'll make you some hot chocolate and we'll talk ok?"

"Thank you, you know how chocolate always helps me" I said smiling genuinely at her

After a few minutes she came back with two cups of steamy, hot chocolate and some whipped cream on top, I really needed some sugar to cheer me up

"Ok, now tell me everything" She said once she sat down on the couch next to me

"Mark probably told you what happened at Kade Johnson's party, Justin saw us and he— let's say he was very violent with him" I paused to blew into the hot chocolate before taking a sip "I asked him if we could talk today because I saw him with a black eye and I was worried but he just left saying that we wanted different things"

"So you finally realized that he likes you?" A soft giggle escaped her lips "Took you long enough"

"He was so mad at me saying I went to him only when I was mad at Justin"

"Isn't it kinda true?" She tilted her head waiting for my answer

"No, I only looked at him as a friend" I said firmly "We were drinking and joking at the party but I'd never do anything with him, I like him and care about him but only as a friend"

"You really like Justin huh?" She elbowed me in my side with a smirk

"Yes, maybe even more" But I still had to tell him that "The thing between me and Justin is just— something else, we fight, we never agree on anything but we always find a way to get back to each other and I'm happy with him"

"But?" She added

"How do you know there's a but?"

"There's always a "but" nothing is perfect, love isn't a fairytale so what's the but?"

"But he's very protective and doesn't tell me things"

"Is he cheating?" Liz asked furrowing her brows. I think she was about to stand up and run to kick Justin's ass

"No, no" I said quickly before she could sprint out of the house "I'm sure he's not"

"How can you be so sure?"

"Trust me he's not" I took another sip of the chocolate while I saw her eyes traveling to my fingers that were holding the cup

"No way" She leaned so close her eyes almost crossed watching the ring "It's so beautiful"

"It is, it's a promise ring"

"So things are getting serious so fast?" She turned to sit straight still eyeing my ring

"You know older guys are more mature, they have clear ideas of what they want, you should try it"

"Oh i'm definitely going to date an older guy if that means I'll get a ring like yours" We both laughed and in that moment I felt good to be with Liz but I still didn't know what I should do with Mark, should I keep on trying to be his friend?