Chapter 15

A/N: So, before you start, please read this. When writing a good part of this story, I was listening to Nathan Sykes's song 'Over and Over Again' and I STRONGLY recommend listening to it at a certain part through to the end. When you get to this part of the story (We'll see you two in the morning, goodnight.") I'd appreciate it if you all stop reading and click on the link to the song. It got me right in the feels, you feel. Anyway, you don't have to do this, just a very friendly suggestion for the best reading experience possible! Please, continue on; read with caution!

I didn't expect Matthew to ask me out on a date so soon after he practically taught me fencing one on one. I was told to dress extra nice, the occasion I didn't know, but I didn't want to disobey his wishes; we were on good terms now and I had a feeling deep in my gut that it was only about to get better. 

I didn't expect Dylan to be accompanying Matthew and I on our journey to the Great Room. We were both silent, her baby blue ball gown and straight blonde hair wrapped up into a bun significantly contrasting my lavender sweetheart mermaid gown and curled hair styled to the left side of my head, draping over my left shoulder. It was very awkward.

I didn't expect it to get worse, but it did.

When we entered the Great Room, a quartet in the corner of the room began blowing into their instruments, producing sweet music that danced through my ears like a conga line. The Great Room was relatively dark, save for candelabras lighting up the small corner stage the quartet was performing on and the candles lit on a rectangular shaped table. Daniel sat on one side, an empty chair beside him; his smile disappeared when my face became illuminated by the firelight. Daniel shot Matthew a we'll-talk-about-this-later look as Dylan released Matthew's arm and circled the table to join Daniel's side. She sat down and scooted the hardwood-backed chair in as Matthew pulled out my seat.

"Thank you." I mouthed with a smile, sitting down. He nodded, quickly tucking in my chair before moving to sit in his.

"Good evening ladies," Daniel started, drawing six eyes to him. "Welcome to our double date dinner."

"Double what?" I coughed, chocking on his words. Matthew gently patted my back until I held up my hand to him, signifying that I'd be alright.

"Yes, double date," Matthew repeated. "As in Daniel and I asked the both of you to join the both of us for dinner." Dylan nodded, clearly understanding the concept I just couldn't grasp. Knowing how they felt, why would they involve me?

"Tonight we'll be having duck," Daniel said with a proud smile. "I hunted and killed it myself actually." His smile was radiant, filled with pride. "I also made sure that there will be no lemon included in tonight's course. Wouldn't want anything bad to happen." He chuckled, looking at me. I nodded and smiled.

"And I appreciate that you remember my severe allergy." 

Matthew kicked my foot from under the table and I yelped quietly. Turning to glare at him, I was met with his eyes already shaped into slits. I blinked at him, puffing out my lips, and he turned his head down. It was out unspoken language, and he was forgiven. 

"So, what's the occasion?"Dylan asked, unrolling her napkin and letting it gently float down onto her lap. "I don't recall anyone ever having been on a double date with the two of you before."

"I wouldn't so much as call it a special occasion," Daniel said, following in Dylan's footsteps with the napkin. "We're brothers, and no matter who we both end up with in the end, we will always be brothers and will always be a part of each other's lives. Nothing will ever change that." he exchanged a lasting glance with Matthew and both boys smiled. "So, we figured that we might as well start double dating. You've all been here long enough, we inquire, and once Matthew and I are married, we will be having double dates anyway. We thought that we might as well get a head start."