Fifteen years ago... (Prologue)

Greeny's P.O.V

Greeny and two Inklings  go out of the Inkopolis Tower. They've just ended their Ranked Battle. One of them, Yellow, takes off his pocket  a Squid-Phone. The pink girl, named Pinkie, says :

-That battle was just incredible ! You're always so fast, Greeny !
-Thanks. You're a good battler, you too.
-Guys, the third says. Sorry, but I have to go. My girlfriend is waiting for me, and I'm very late.
-Not a problem, the green Inkling answers. You can go. See ya later !
-Take care, guys !

He quickly goes away. Two others go to a café. Pinkie chooses a milkshake and Greeny a sherbet, his favorite. In spite of that, he doesn't drink it. He seems nervous and worried.

-Hey, are you okay, Greeny ? I think that you're not feeling well...
-It's nothing, Pinkie. I'm just tired.
-Stop lying, I see clearly  that you're not feeling well. Tell me all, right ?

Greeny sighs. He thinks that Pinkie is very annoying, but knows that he can't win against her if she insists.

-Okaaaay. I tell you, if you want. It's about Yellow and his new girlfriend...
-Seriously ? You couldn't leave them alone ? They aren't doing anything wrong !
-It's not their relationship the problem. What disturbs me, it's what is going to emerge from it.
-What have you got against Octavia ? She's a nice and adorable girl, according to Yellow !
-Have you once already seen her, Pinkie ? Only once ?

Pinkie is taken by surprise. She doesn't answer anything. Greeny makes an exceeded movement with the head and sighs again.

-Yellow showed me a photo of her once, and I never recovered from it.
-She's very ugly ?
-No, not a all. She is pretty cute, you can believe me.
-So what is it with her ?
-You really want to know it ? All right. Come here.

Pinkie bends down so that Greeny can murmur in her ear.

-In fact, Octavia is...

Yellow's P.O.V

Yellow goes to Arowana Mall. He's COMPLETELY late for his date with Octavia. She must be certainly furious. He looks for her everywhere, and eventually finds her in front of a store. She contemplates thoughtfully the shop window.

-Hey Octie ! I'm here !

She turns around in the sound of his voice and throws herself into his arms. They kiss each other.

-I missed you so much... very... very much... , Yellow says.
-You too.

She looks again at the showcase before sighing.

-Have I already told you how much I love Inkling fashion ?
-Only hundred times.

Octavia laughs.

-You're right. I should be careful of not to repeat it...
-Ready for a little walk ?
-Of course.

They begin walking. Yellow feels relaxed, as every time he's with her. And he remembers himself the Ink-Mail which she sent him, and his good mood disappears.

-Octie, can I ask you a question ?
-Sure. What is it ?
-May I know about which new you spoke in your Ink-Mail ?
-Of course.

She takes a big inspiration and says :

-I... I'm pregnant. Since two months.

Yellow doesn't believe his ears. His heart hesitates between concern and enjoyment. He opts for this last emotion.

-Really ? That's true ?
-Y-Yeah... I think.
-Octie, it's wonderful ! We're finally going to be able to live together ! It will just be necessary to transform the old guest room...
-You don't mind ? Sincerely ?
-Oh, don't worry with  this, sweetheart. This baby will be the most beautiful of the world !

Yellow smiles to Octavia with a deep and sincerely love.

-And it's true. In spite of the fact that you are an Octoling.

(So that's the beginning of the story ! Thus we discover our heroin's parents, Yellow and Octavia, and the fact that she's an Inktoling, one crossing between Inkling and Octoling ! Hope that you appreciate.

SplatKisses ~💗 )