Chapter 18 : The truth

Goldia's P.O.V

Goldia removes her Hero Suit and puts back her gear. She sighs of relief. By going out of the hut, she sees Jason, sitting on the ground. Agents 1 and 2 left them a few moments ago, and Cap'n takes care of Octavio's snow ball.
Goldia goes to her friend. He rubs his hurt ankle by clenching teeth. He raises the head in her approach.

-Oh, hey Goldia...
-Hello... How is your ankle ?
-I've been better.

He tries to get up, but as always without success. Jason says with an irritated tone :

-I hate this situation... Can you help me, please ?
-Of course.

She holds out the hand to him. Jason takes it and finally gets up. Purple Inkling declares :

-Hmm... Maybe we should back to Inkopolis...
-You're right. Oh, wait ! I need to take something !

She runs to the hut and catches an adorable fluffy Zapfish quite patched. Goldia cuddles it with great affection. She doesn't notice Jason's worried look. They go together to the grated manhole. They look at each other and blush. Goldia eventually says :

-Well... I think I must say to you Goodbye.
- "Must" ?, Jason is surprised.
-Yes. You see, I'm always in love with you. If we have to stay friends, I need to know where I am.
-But...

Goldia squeezes her fluffy Zapfish by avoiding his look.

-Please Jason, don't make things tougher. But I sincerly loved to fight against Octavio with you. Really.

Inktoling goes in the manhole and becomes an octopus. She wants to plunge inside, but Jason catches her before she does it. Goldia struggles, but he holds her firmly. Then she returns to her human form, releasing her cuddly toy. He rests her on the ground and continuous to hug her. Goldia blushes very hard.

-W-What are you doing, Jason ? You can't...
-Goldia, you can't leave me like that ! I'm going to tell you the truth, without lies.

He goes away a little from her and says with a tender voice :

-I... I love you. I always loved you.

Goldia is stunned, and doesn't understand very well. What ? Jason loves her ? But it's him who broke up with her ! That doesn't make sense...

-You... You love me ?
-Yes, Goldia. I love you more than I've ever loved anybody in the world.
-But... Why did you tell me the contrary ?

Jason squeezes her even more, and Goldia feels his tears in her neck.

-Oh my sweet octo... I'm so sorry. I had been approached by the Cap'n and the other agents to become the Agent 3. They needed my help. I didn't have been able to refuse. But in the same time, if we had gone out together, that would have put us in danger. Because Octarians know all, and they would've been able to attack you to hurt me.

Purple Inkling goes away a little for kiss the Inktoling on the forehead.

-I thought I could protect you... but in fact, it's you which saved my life. Thank you...

Goldia is moved. Nobody has ever spoken to her like that. And the light which shines in Jason's eyes confirms her he tells the truth.

-So, Jason starts again, would you like... to be my... grilfriend ?
-Of course, she answers with emotion. It's what I want since our first meet.

They hug. Jason's arms are powerful and tender. She feels herself in security inside them.
When they part, she takes his hand and collects her cuddly toy by saying :

-Let's go back to your home, Jason.
-Our  home, he corrects her by smiling. Inkopolis, it's our home.

Hand in hand, they dive together into grated manhole to go back Inkopolis, happier as ever.

( Heya, CerulanSweet is back ! And there, it's the moment when I hear you all to shout " Where is the kiss ? Where is it ? We waited enough ! WE'LL KILL YOU !!!!!  ".

Please. PLEASE. If you liked at least ONE chapter of this story, leave me alive the time to write the last one. I promise you that in the ultimate chapter, there will be a kiss. While waiting for...

Seeya in the next update ! SplatKisses ~💜 )