Chapter 11 : At the café

Goldia's P.O.V

One week after that eventful night, Goldia walks at Inkopolis with Jason. The sun is high in the blue sky. Wind is very pleasant. Far off, she hears children's laughter, as a challenge in the time which passes. For once, they're alone together.
In normal time, Goldia would be happy to be here, with Jason, in that peaceful day. But to see her cut tentacle reminds her too much Milky's cruel smile and the brightness of the penknife's blade.
Jason eventually notices it and asks :

-Are you okay, Goldia ?
-Not really. I think all the time of the events of the last night. I'm always scared of this. They... they told me so many horrible things...
-Then that guys are stupid. Don't worry about them.
-But they're right. I'm an Octoling in an Inkling's world. I could be never approved by society...

She sighs. Jason looks at her toughtfully and says :

-I think you need a sweet ! I know a small nice café and not too much far from here who makes some delicious Squid-Shakes... I invite you !
-Hmm... If you want.
-That's great !

Jason's P.O.V

They go to the café, named " Inkoffee ". When they come inside, they see several people at different tables. Jason looks for a quiet place to sit down with Goldia, and eventually find a table in front of the showcase where we can see the street. They come to it and settle down. Goldia takes the menu who indicates the available food.

-Wow... They have lot of sweets, here !
-I know. And you can choose everything you want. I'll pay for you.

Inktoling blushes and tries to hide herself behind the menu.

-You're very nice with me, Jason... I feel bad to take advantage like that of your kindness.
-Hey Goldia. It's right. I just buy you what to cheer up you, OK ? It's not as if you had asked me to pay you a car...

Goldia starts laught. Jason smiles by seeing that.

-It had been a long time since I saw your brace. And you're really much more cute when you laught.
-Don't lie to me.
-I'm serious.

They look at each other eyes in eyes. Jason puts his hand on Goldia's and starts caress it. They blush both. Purple Inkling feels the desire to kiss her, now. He tilts the head to her when the waitress, a pink Inkling, interrupts them. Embarassed, they move away one of the other one. The waitress says :

-Good day ! Did you make a choice ?
-Yes, Jason answers. I want a cup of ice cream flavors chocolate and vanilla with whipped cream. And also one of your famous Squid-Shake raspberry please.
-That's perfect ! And the lovely young Octoling, what do she want ?

Goldia looks at the menu one more time and answers :

-Hmm... Can I have an " Inky Cake " please ? With a Squid-Shake strawberry and a sweet waffle...
-Of course ! I'll bring it in five minutes.

The waitress goes away with the orders. Jason stretches and declares :

-So tell me something about you, Goldia. I want to know you a little more. After all, we shared only some shellfies, one training, two Turf Wars and a big fear.
-You're right.

Goldia bites herself the lips before saying :

-Actually, I play guitar. And I compose my own songs.
-That's cool ! Guitar is so relaxing...
-And you, do you play an instrument ?
-Not really, but I like sport. I do Inkboard sometimes and I can surf at Mahi-Mahi Resort !
-I thought Inklings didn't know how to swim...
-I've never said that I know how to swim.

One thing leading to another, the conversation continues naturally during fifteen minutes. Jason feels very comfortable in Goldia's company. He loves tenderly her voice, her sweetness, the way which she has to look at him awkwardly, her shy smile who just melts his heart.

-I'm in love, he thinks.

This reflection gets him an infinite happiness.

Goldia's P.O.V

Goldia loves talking with Jason. He's a very interesting, cute and nice boy. But he starts notice the commands are not still here and says :

-What take them so long ? It was faster, last time !

At that moment, the pink waitress returns, lot of orders in the arms. Many Inklings in the café grumble against her.

-Please, ladies and gentlemen, just wait a second ! My colleague is sick and I need assure the service alone...

Goldia, by hearing that, feels sorry for her and gets up to take a strawberry shortcake in her hands.

-But... but..., the pink waitress whispers.
-Where do I have to bring this, Goldia asks ?
-T... Table 3.

Goldia brings the cake at the right table. The client, a cyan Inkling girl, thanks her warmly. Soon Goldia and Candy (waitress's name) work together. Quickly, everybody has his/her order and the peace returns in the café. Candy sighs of relief.

-You saved my life, young ladie ! I want to thank you !
-Oh no ! I didn't do that for money. I like helping the others, it's all.
-Anyway, you deserve a reward... I know ! I'm going to offer you your orders !
-Hmm... Thank you...

Candy goes away whereas Goldia returns back to her seat with Jason. Pink Inkling comes back with their orders and leaves them alone. ( Goldia's Inky Cake looks like this : )

Finally Jason tastes his ice cream and the Inktoling eats her waffle

-You were amazing, Goldia !
-It was nothing... I'm used to helping my mother to lay the table.
-If you say it.

He takes another spoonful of ice cream and stretches out it to Goldia.

-Want to taste my ice cream ? It's delicious !
-O... Ok...

Goldia eats it by blushing in the same time. She doesn't care about the taste. She just feels Jason's skin so close of her. She cuts a piece of her "Inky Cake " and  streches out it to him in her turn.

-It's your turn, now...
-With pleasure.

Jason eats also. They look at each other, and purple Inkling eventually says :

-That cake is very good.
-Yep. I know.
-But tell me something, Goldia : why do the girls like so much the sweet things ?
-It's a big love story. We can always count on them.

( Heya, CerulanSweet is here ! I promised you a romantic and peaceful chapter, so there it is. I cannot make more adorable than that ! TOO MUCH CUTENESS !

Seeya in the next update ! Splatkisses ~ ❥ )