Chapter 16 : Jason's secret

Jason's P.O.V

-Hey Jason ! Wake up !

Bronze snaps the fingers twice in front of him. His friend jumps.

-Sorry, dude. You told me something ?
-No, but you were in the moon. It's me or you're not feeling well, Bronze asks ?
-You're right. I miss Goldia so much...

Jason sighs a bit. They go to the Tower to play a Ranked Battle, two weeks after Goldia and Jason broke up (more or less). Purple Inkling thinks all the time about her smile, her kindness...

-Jason, life is like that. Don't worry.
-You don't know that means being in love, Bronze. It hurts so bad, you can't imagine it...

Bronze looks at the heaven, exaspered. He would certainly have added something if Jason's Squid-Phone had not rung.

-Sorry. I have to answer.
-Not a problem.

Jason goes away and picks up.

-Hello ?
-Finally, you answer, a female voice reprimands him. Better late than never !
-You just called me. What do you want ?
-We need your help ! Cap'n was been kidnapped !
-It's now you tell it to me, Jason chokes ? I come right now !

He switches off and declares to Bronze :

-Sorry, man, but I have an emergency ! See you later, right ?
-What ? Jason, wait !

He doesn't listen to him and leaves his best friend here. He has a very bad feeling about the call...

Goldia's P.O.V

-Thank you so much, Goldia, Emerald says. Children are always happy to pass time with you !
-I love them too, Mrs Emerald. See you soon !

Goldia walks to her house via the Plaza. She just finished her babysitting at Anderson's. Freshness and Platina, the children of whom she takes care, enjoy everytime her visit. And, thanks to them, she doesn't think about Jason.
Jason... Goldia suddently feels tears up. Despite their break, she's always in love with him. And she can't forget him. But he never loved her...

-Geez... I'm too sentimental...

She sighs. She's now in the center of the Plaza. To change the ideas, she looks at people around her. Two Inklings girls talking and laughting... A group of Inklings looking through the window of the Squid Sisters' studio... A boy buying a soda in a distributor... Three girls going shopping... Another Inkling boy with a Custom Jet Squelcher...
Goldia stops her look in him. An Inkling boy with a Custom Jet Squelcher ? Plus, he's purple...

-He... looks like... Jason...

She bites herself so hardly the lips as she has a taste of blood in the mouth. It can't be him. IT CAN'T BE HIM ! But he seems so familiar... She decides to follow him and discovers if she's right.

The boy goes to a dark corner, next to the Tower. Goldia sees him becoming a squid and plunges into a grated manhole. He disappears after did it. Then Goldia makes the same thing as him : she becomes an octopus, and follows the purple boy in the manhole.
She doesn't remember the way she did the route, and when she returns to the surface, she finds herself in an unknown place. She can see a small hut not very far, and the place seems immense.

-Where I am ?

Then she notices a green ink trail on the ground. It forms a line which passes by a kind of huge kettle and continues a little farther.

-Where is the purple boy ? Maybe he changed his ink color, and there... I want to know if he's right. That place seems dangerous !

Her Octoling's mind tells her to go there. But her Inkling's heart tells her the contrary. Shared, she finally listens to her mind.
She goes to the hut. By opening the door, some fluffs fall at her feet. Goldia looks at them. They're really adorable. She means to take one at the end.
She sees a Hero Jacket in the back, with a pairs of Hero Runners and a Hero Shot. Goldia puts on the jacket and the shoes, before taking the weapon. At that moment, a Hero Headset gets her attention. She puts on it also, and finds a button behind her right ear. She pushes on it.

-Excellent work, Agent 3 !

Goldia jumps. It's a recording of a former conversation, and an old Inkling is talking.

-Yeah, thank you, Cap'n. It's always a pleasure to save Zapfishs.

Inktoling is surprised. It's Jason's voice !

-Now I need to go home. See you soon, right ?

A small noise indicates he removed the Headset. But the recording continues.

-Wait, Agent 3 ! I...

Suddenly, the recording seems blurred by a stronger frequency. She hears the old Inkling scream and guttural voice saying :

-Ggghh... Cuttlefish... I've found you now !
-Wait !!! Stop !
-Cuttlefish... you will... not... interfere... any longuer !
-... ... ...

The recording stops abruptly. Goldia is now really scared. Everything indicates this Cuttlefish has been kidnapped ! And if Jason (or Agent 3, according to Cap'n) knows it despite his lost Headset, he'll try to save him.
Her Octoling instinct blows her that Jason is in danger. It's maybe a trap !

-Oh no ! Jason, do you have any idea how much trouble you're in ?

Without hesitations, she squeezes her Hero Shot and decides to follow the ink trail. She must save Jason and that Cap'n Cuttlefish !

( Heya, CerulanSweet is here ! Finally we discover Jason's secret ! He's Agent 3 and saves the Zapsfishs. But, when Cap'n was been kidnapped, he goes to help him ! And if Goldia was right about the trap ? To know it...

Seeya in the next update ! SplatKisses ~❣ )