A new danger (Epilogue)

??? P.O.V

An Inkling goes out his house. His eyes look for the grated manhole. He eventually finds it, in front of the new Tower. He makes a cruel smile, becomes a squid and dives Inside.He surfaces. He's in an unknow place. This one looks like a bit the Octovalley where he trained a very long time ago.

A silhouette is held of back in front of him. Two Octolings who hold Splat Rollers escorts her and looks at him with a suspicious air. Without turning around, the silhouette says :

-You finally came, Kiddo. I didn't think you'd make it.

The Inkling boy clenches teeth.

-I've already told you I'm not called Kiddo.
-Whatever. If you join us, you'll have to be called like that.

Kiddo keeps hardly his calm. The silhouette continues :

-Did you think about my proposal ?
-Yes, I did. And it's yes. I want to join the Octarian Army. I want to become an Octarian.
-Mistress, an Octoling whispers, it's an Inkling ! Can we really trust him ?
-No doubt he'll have to show his ability, she admits. But if he made a success, he'll become a precious asset, maybe the best Octarian element.

Kiddo feels grateful to her, but he tries hard not to show it. Mistress breaks off and said thoughtfully :

-Ladies, can you leave us alone ? I have to talk with him.

Both Octolings agree and leave them together. Mistress finally turns around and looks into his clear eyes. Kiddo declares with an irritating tone :

-So ? What do you want to say ?
-I know very well you'd never have joined us without a good reason. Why did you change your mind ?

Kiddo sighs. He doesn't want to remember that, but Mistress's look at the same time ardent and ice-cold obliges him to admit.

-Agent 3 betrayed me. I want to destroy him as he destroyed me. I want to feel his hot blood on my hands. Nothing would more please me.
-Oh, Mistress is stunned ? You know him ?
-Of course. I know him better than himself. That's why my help can be... precious.

She looks at him as if Kiddo had been transformed in a pure diamond.

-Interesting... Kiddo, you should return at Inkopolis. Continue your training. You'll make a perfect recruit, but I need more informations about the Agent 3. Don't deceive me. And, don't be made : I'd leave you the honor to kill him personally. A last detail : for you, I'd be Mistress or Ma'am. All is clear ?

Kiddo keeps silence.

-All is clear, Mistress repeats ?-Yes... Ma'am.

Her smile is as cruel as the Inkling boy's.

-Excellent. You can go, Kiddo. I've nothing more to say.

The Inkling boy tries to protest, but finally turns around and returns to Inkopolis. He didn't have time to talk to her about his dagger...

( Heya, I'm here ! Now it's official : " A Half-Love " is ended for real and that epilogue is a foretaste before " The Rose and the Sword " Thank you for having read it up to the end.

Big SplatKisses ~❤❤❤ to my dear followers and to the readers who love my Squid Kids and support me ! You all have your place at Inkopolis ! And... Seeya in the next story ! )