Chapter 9 : Cookies made with love

Yellow's P.O.V

Yellow goes to his room. By opening the door, he sees Octavia. She's lengthened on the bed and is reading "Inkopolis Fashion Magazine". Yellow kisses her on the forehead.

-Hello, sweetheart.
-Good evening. Come next to me.
-Sure. Just wait a second...

A few moments later, Yellow goes to bed. He goes back up the cover whereas Octavia snuggles up to him and asks :

-How was your day ?
-It was fine. Teams at Inkopolis are stronger day after day. The Turf War League is thinking about new stages...

He sighs of happiness, and remembers something.

-Octie, where is Goldia ? I didn't see her...
-She's in the kitchen. After dinner, she told me that she wanted to make cookies for someone.
-Prussia ?
-No. Apparently, she's got new friends these last days...

Yellow cannot hold a smile by hearing that.

-It's very well if she begins to adapt herself at Inkopolis. Goldia is so shy... Her new friends can only do good to her.
-But she's going to be tired if she cooks all night long...
-She will survive. Good night, Octie.
-Good night.

He turned out the light and falls asleep, happy, next to his wife.

Goldia's P.O.V

Goldia breaks eggs in the mixing bowl. Her face has tracks of flour, milk and yeast. She adds some butter to the batter before mixing. The subdued light of the kitchen is lightning her determined face.
While moving the pastry whipped in the batter, Goldia thinks about the events of the last days. Her first kills, shellfies, the Skatepark, her new friends... and Jason.
Jason... She can't refrain from blushing by thinking of his smile, his beautiful green eyes and his kindness. It's for him that she makes these cookies, for to thank him for having been so patient and friendly with her. To prepare him his favorite sweets is the best way of expressing him her gratitude.

Due to moving, the cake batter becomes smooth and homogeneous. Then Goldia pays it by little circles on a baking plate. She puts it in the oven. As long as cookies cook, she prepares the box where to put them. (The box looks like this one :)

 (The box looks like this one :)

She hangs on a small label on the handle where it's written there :

"For Jason. Thank you so much for all. From Goldia."

The oven emits a little sound, indicating that cookies are cooked. Goldia takes out them of the oven. They're well done and have a good flavor of molten chocolate.
She puts them in a little bag which she closes carefully with a velvety blue ribbon. She puts the bag in the box. Goldia contemplates with pride the result. Her look stops on the clock which shows half past midnight. She begins yawning. It's not the hour to bake anymore.

She puts the cake box in the refrigerator, washes her face, goes to bed and sleeps. In her dreams, a violet Inkling with mint eyes takes her in his arms by smiling.

( Heya, CerulanSweet is back ! Goldia makes some cookies for Jason : it's so cute ! Would not the secret ingredient be a pinch of love ? In that case, I want cookies, me too !
NOTE : In the last sentence, I salute PartyDammit's story named " In my arms ". It was a great story, and the rewriting is also very good...

Seeya in the next update ! SplatKisses ~ღ )