Chapter 5- Done

Mark-

No, we did not bang.

I carried him to his car, and set him down in the back. After a few more minutes of whining, he passed out, curled up on the seat.It was quite cute, though he'd kill me if he heard me say that. I bring him home and set him down on his bed, then go to mine.

I wake up earlier than I'd like to the next morning. Jack is still asleep, snoring away, so I close the blinds and draw the curtains, trying to make his impending hangover less miserable than it has to be. I go to the bathroom and return with two Advil and a glass of water, setting them on the night stand. Awkwardly, I sit on the edge of the bed. It's been awhile since we've been on any bed together.

A few minutes later, his phone goes off, several times, startling me. I dig it out of his pocket, trying to silence it so it doesn't wake him up. On the screen are several texts from a number I don't recognize:

Jack?

It's me, Dylan

You good, bro?

I just woke up

You okay? The guy you walked out with yesterday looked a lot like the guy you described. The one who molested you.

Jack?

Are you kidding me? Disgusted, I toss the phone on the bed. I can't be in here anymore. Fuming, I grab a chair from the dining room and station it in the hallway.

A little while later, he steps out. "Why are you out here?"

"Oh, I just figured you'd want me to keep my distance and stay as far away from you as possible, seeing as I'm a molester and all." I respond nonchalantly.

His eyes widen. "How do you-?". In response, I take my phone from my pocket.

"You-you read my texts!"

"Yes, I did." I smile coldly. "So, did you get his number before or after you were too drunk to stand on your own two feet?"

"That's not the point. Even though I am pissed that you read my texts. You did molest me."

"For the last fucking time, that was Dark, not me! And he didn't molest you! Get over yourself. He kissed you, and maybe he did get a bit handsy, but that's it. Besides, you liked it."

He opens his mouth and closes it, instead opening his hand to reveal the two Advils. "You trust me with this, in a room by myself? Sure I'm not gonna overdose or something?"

I stand up. "Are you serious?"

He sighs and takes a step back. "Mark, it was a joke. Forget I said anything."

"No! You're joking about suicide like it's no big deal!"

"Mark, I know it's a big deal. I'm sorry. If this is about Daniel-"

"This is not about Daniel! This is about you! You being a rude, ungrateful,petty, and immature son of a bitch! I have tried to apologize. I am still trying to help you! And what do you do? Kick me in the ass and tell people I'm a molester. Well, you know what? I'm done." I say, and storm to my room, slamming and locking the door.  

************************************

Just to clarify, as there's been some confusion- Daniel refers to Daniel Kyre, hence Mark getting angry when he thinks Sean is treating suicide lightly and mentioning him. Sorry for any confusion.